The Student Room Group

Good filmmaking/film production courses

I am currently looking to apply for filmmaking or film production starting sept 2024 and want advice on which courses are good.
I am currently looking at...
Screenology
Salford uni
Leeds arts
UAL - college of communications
UWE Bristol
Kingston uni
Boomsatsuma
Opinions on the film courses offered at these unis or any other good unis to look at?
Of those only UAL is a CILECT member film school.

What are your hopes for after your degree?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Of those only UAL is a CILECT member film school.

What are your hopes for after your degree?

I am interested in working in a pre production position. Maybe screenwriting?
Not going to diss any course and don't want to get in trouble with my Uni, but DO YOUR RESEARCH and talk to current students. Plenty of forums out there.
Original post by lucyj47
I am currently looking to apply for filmmaking or film production starting sept 2024 and want advice on which courses are good.
Screenology
Salford uni
Leeds arts
UWE Bristol
Kingston uni
Boomsatsuma
Opinions on the film courses offered at these unis or any other good unis to look at?

Hi @lucyj47

It's great that you are considering Kingston. I don't personally study film here at Kingston but I have spoken to a few others students who seem to be enjoying it. If you study this course you will be based at Knights Park the art campus which has really great facilities, studios and a really nice vibe as all the creative students are on one campus. I feel you find lots of inspiration being at this campus and get to talk to people who will be working across the industry and make those connections. I have also attended a lecture from a film studies lecturer and they seemed very informative and nice.

And of course the fact that Kingston is so close to Central London is great, as there's so much going on when it comes to the film industry and inspiration everywhere. This may be also something that is useful to consider when it comes to finding internships to boost your experience for applying to jobs in the industry. London is a great place to find these opportunities.

A great way to really get a feel for the uni and find more out about the course would be to attended an open day, I would encourage you to do this for as many universities as possible it really helps narrow down the options. Kingston's next open day is Saturday 27th April.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions :smile:

-Grace (Kingston Rep)
Original post by lucyj47
Screenology
Salford uni
Leeds arts
UWE Bristol
Kingston uni
Boomsatsuma

Hi @lucyj47

If you haven't already, take a look at UoG! Our film course is super supportive, with experienced lecturers and top facilities. Film Production BA (Hons) - University of Gloucestershire (glos.ac.uk)

UoG is also the top comprehensive uni in the South West for graduate outcomes, which is one of the reasons I chose to study here, as I was thinking a lot about my career after uni as well as life at university.

Wishing you all the best with your decision🙂

Mara
UoG rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending