The Student Room Group

Starting to get scared for GCSEs

The fear has really started to hit me now!! On one hand, I'm quite happy that I started revising in all the way back then because I feel like things would've been 10x worse, but the idea that after the end of lent, it will only be like 1 month left until GCSEs and I'm still not super duper confident is just really scary :frown:

We have mocks right now and so far they've gone well but there's just this gnawing feeling in the back of my head and the fact that we've gone from 4 months left to 2 months in what feels like a week is just absolutely crazy to me.

I can't believe it's so close!!!
Original post by srslysasquatch
The fear has really started to hit me now!! On one hand, I'm quite happy that I started revising in all the way back then because I feel like things would've been 10x worse, but the idea that after the end of lent, it will only be like 1 month left until GCSEs and I'm still not super duper confident is just really scary :frown:

We have mocks right now and so far they've gone well but there's just this gnawing feeling in the back of my head and the fact that we've gone from 4 months left to 2 months in what feels like a week is just absolutely crazy to me.

I can't believe it's so close!!!
Hiii, it's normal to be overwhelmed by everything, I was too when I sat my exams! I think its important not to stress to much and work too hard at this moment in time, I know many people who burned themselves out and peaked too early meaning they done less well in their exams. Honestly, after you finish your mocks take a few days off and relax maybe a week or so then get back to the grind. Make sure you take 1 day off your week where you do no studying but things you like maybe a Sunday or Saturday, that will ensure you won't burn yourself out. If you need any more help let me know :smile:
Original post by Jakeclarke
Hiii, it's normal to be overwhelmed by everything, I was too when I sat my exams! I think its important not to stress to much and work too hard at this moment in time, I know many people who burned themselves out and peaked too early meaning they done less well in their exams. Honestly, after you finish your mocks take a few days off and relax maybe a week or so then get back to the grind. Make sure you take 1 day off your week where you do no studying but things you like maybe a Sunday or Saturday, that will ensure you won't burn yourself out. If you need any more help let me know :smile:
Thanks so much for the advice! It's long, but we'll get there I guess ^^'

Quick Reply

Latest