The Student Room Group

GCSE

is gcse harder than i thought cause am scared
Well if you're prepared it'll be a breeze, and once you've finished and move on it'll look like the alphabet, and you'll soon think ''how did I ever find that difficult?''
Reply 2
Original post by Allera
Well if you're prepared it'll be a breeze, and once you've finished and move on it'll look like the alphabet, and you'll soon think ''how did I ever find that difficult?''

most of my friends that has done their Gcse said it a bit hard so am very scared... i need to make my mum proud
Reply 3
Original post by Allera

most of my friends that has done their Gcse said it a bit hard so am very scared
Reply 4
Original post by zeeperiodt
most of my friends that has done their Gcse said it a bit hard so am very scared

i do not even know what to start studying and how am even going to start..... My math is a failure it is very hard:pinch:
Reply 5

Hi, I am a year 11 student taking my GCSEs this summer. The "fear" you feel before an exam, I would say, is determined by the revision you have put in. That being said, a lot of revision does not necessarily equate to your GCSEs feeling easier however it does allow you to understand the content meaning you are more likely to grasp knowledge and less likely to stress.

Secondly, what in GCSEs do you find hard: lacking revision, having to remember content, the mark scheme being so picky, the exam scenario itself or maybe even the fact that you have no idea what is going to come? I think it is very important to pinpoint what you're afraid of in order to combat it.

My advice - Find a method of revision that WORKS for you and try not to stress, it does nothing to aid your learning! Just because other people say it is easy does not mean they are better than you, they just know what works for them.

Good luck and I really hope it goes well for you!
-W

I am year 9 now, and we have started gcse in core subjects. I would say that you will be guided throughout your gcse years, so don't think you don't have enough preparation. I think that having good revision methods worked out is the best preparation you can do - use this time to explore revision methods and see which works best for you. Sometimes, I have panicked when I couldn't understand something for a test, but instead I would suggest you watch a few youtube videos (freesciencelessons, cognito and gcse maths tutor were great for me) and familiarise yourself with the topic. I hope that helped and don't worry you will be fine!

Hi, I’m an a level student and I can assure you that the most difficult part of GCSEs is the stress it makes you feel. Sitting exams every day and revising is tough and not very fun- however the minute you’ve finished them you wonder why you even stressed at all!! Please don’t be scared just do a little bit of revision every day if you can and ask teachers for help if you need it. Good luck !

Quick Reply

Latest