The Student Room Group

GCSE’s are killing me!

I have terrible anxiety issues and everyday I get in a state of tears and shaking. My GCSE’s are coming soon and it makes my anxiety worse.
I’m not a smart person so seeing people with good results and saying “I don’t need to revise, I got a 8 in my mocks” makes me put myself down.
I get afraid that I might have an anxiety attack during an exam. What if I do what will happen. I’m scared.
hi, I was in the same place going into my a levels - anxiety is so horrible!

Have you spoken to anyone at school about it? It is possible you may be able to take exams in a separate room if that makes you feel more comfortable and also be able to take breaks if you feel panicked.

GCSEs can be really tough and don't listen to the people who get all 8 and 9s and when they say they haven't revised they are probably lying! Do your best and that is all anyone can ask.

Really hope it goes ok for you, if you need any advice or help do just let me know and I'll try my best to help
Original post by Anonymous
I have terrible anxiety issues and everyday I get in a state of tears and shaking. My GCSE’s are coming soon and it makes my anxiety worse.
I’m not a smart person so seeing people with good results and saying “I don’t need to revise, I got a 8 in my mocks” makes me put myself down.
I get afraid that I might have an anxiety attack during an exam. What if I do what will happen. I’m scared.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so stressed :hugs:

First of all, please don't worry about other people. What they get and how long they revise for really doesn't matter and by comparing yourself to them you're only going to make yourself feel worse. Focus on yourself.

GCSEs are tough for a lot of people so please don't feel like you're alone. Have you spoken to a teacher about how you're feeling? They'll be able to give you some tips on how to stay calm and, like @sophiedrew2000 said, you could also ask to do your exams in a separate room if you think that would make you feel better. If that's not possible and you start to feel overwhelmed in the exam hall you can always ask an invigilator if you could step outside for a few minutes.

Make sure you're not overworking yourself too. When revising, take regular breaks and don't try to cram everything at once.

I really hope you start to feel better! These exams will be over before you know it and then you'll have a lovely long summer to look forward to.

Good luck! x
Reply 3
Thank you for the support, I have managed to finish all of my exams now. I’m glad I was able to be calmed down, I feel all the advise and support has helped me go through these exams. I feel as though a massive weight has been lifted off of my back, thank you so much. 💜
Original post by MinaBee
I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so stressed :hugs:

First of all, please don't worry about other people. What they get and how long they revise for really doesn't matter and by comparing yourself to them you're only going to make yourself feel worse. Focus on yourself.

GCSEs are tough for a lot of people so please don't feel like you're alone. Have you spoken to a teacher about how you're feeling? They'll be able to give you some tips on how to stay calm and, like @sophiedrew2000 said, you could also ask to do your exams in a separate room if you think that would make you feel better. If that's not possible and you start to feel overwhelmed in the exam hall you can always ask an invigilator if you could step outside for a few minutes.

Make sure you're not overworking yourself too. When revising, take regular breaks and don't try to cram everything at once.

I really hope you start to feel better! These exams will be over before you know it and then you'll have a lovely long summer to look forward to.

Good luck! x
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the support, I have managed to finish all of my exams now. I’m glad I was able to be calmed down, I feel all the advise and support has helped me go through these exams. I feel as though a massive weight has been lifted off of my back, thank you so much. 💜

Ah it's no problem! Good luck for results day, I bet you've done amazingly :yep:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1

I completely understand you. I can't express how much I relate to what you have just said. And I'm sorry, genuinely. The school system needs changing. I know this was posted 4 years ago, so you would have already done them by now. I'm basically just writing this to comfort myself, sort of like affirmations. But I'm so scared. I'm so scared that I won't do well. I'm so scared that I won't be able to put in the work to get the grade that I know I am capable of. I need to be rich, I need to be wealthy. But it's alright. It gets better. And when I am older and looking back, I will regret stressing so much. Life isn't that hard. But, it is. It really is. And I don't know how to escape. All I can say to you is that I hope you've made it. I sincerely hope you fulfilled your dreams and the high expectations that you set yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest