The Student Room Group

I’m scared for my GCSE mocks

Everyone always tells me GCSEs don’t matter, mocks don’t matter even more but I’m genuinely so scared. I open a paper and I literally can’t answer the first question.
I’ve not finished revising, I’m so scared of doing badly and I only have 2 weeks. I don’t want my parents to be mad, I know my results won’t be good and I’m so scared.
I have 5 math mocks, and I don’t know any of the simplest things, my teachers are always saying “you should know this right? We did this is year 9, I’d be worried if you didn’t know” but I actually struggle to keep up and I’m probably one of the worst in the class. It’s embarrassing because I started revising earlier than all my friends, but I always do significantly worse than them, last year during my EOYs they asked me what I got in maths and I literally burst out crying.
I know my sciences aren’t going to go well because I am only half way through revising the content and now I’m running out of time. I’m so scared :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by B_____
Everyone always tells me GCSEs don’t matter, mocks don’t matter even more but I’m genuinely so scared. I open a paper and I literally can’t answer the first question.
I’ve not finished revising, I’m so scared of doing badly and I only have 2 weeks. I don’t want my parents to be mad, I know my results won’t be good and I’m so scared.
I have 5 math mocks, and I don’t know any of the simplest things, my teachers are always saying “you should know this right? We did this is year 9, I’d be worried if you didn’t know” but I actually struggle to keep up and I’m probably one of the worst in the class. It’s embarrassing because I started revising earlier than all my friends, but I always do significantly worse than them, last year during my EOYs they asked me what I got in maths and I literally burst out crying.
I know my sciences aren’t going to go well because I am only half way through revising the content and now I’m running out of time. I’m so scared :frown:

I'm so sorry to hear that you feel that way, it must be such an annoying position to be in right now :frown:. Fortunately you still have so much time to get everything together. Its quite rare that people do extremely well in mocks, since they're only there to tell you what grade you're currently working at and what topics you need more work on.

Because you only have 2 weeks, I recommend you do as many practice questions as possible so you can get used to the marks schemes for your exam board. Also, Seneca Learning absolutely saved me when it came to my GCSEs. It is completely free to sign up and it helps so much with memory retention. I hope this advice will be helpful to your revision and I wish you all the best in your mocks :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest