The Student Room Group

PAT 2023 / for 2024 entry forum

Hey Guys,
I’m sitting the oxford PAT today and wanted to wish everyone good luck!

best of luck guys
(edited 6 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

best of luck to you as well!
feeling nervous now, hopefully it will go well
I found it sooo bad, how did you find it?
Reply 3
Absolutely terrible paper , honestly wanna off myself.
Bagged about 2.5 marks
Reply 4
Original post by chinnu30306
I found it sooo bad, how did you find it?

It was SO BAD.

long day
(edited 6 months ago)
So hard, hardest pat test ive done 9 marks max.
How did people feel about maths
What are people doing for the rest of the day? I’m probs just gonna chill and try to forget about this exam… I’m not even sure I’ll get an interview at this point, but I can be certain that I tried my best… just bad luck on the day I suppose made me panic and just blank
Original post by Camille123456
this was my 2nd time taking the pat. i applied last year and got rejected after the exam - i can tell you that the wait for the email is excruciating...
i need to get off the student room. it doesn't help at all and i just need to get on with my life now ahah

hahah i've been on TSR for a few hours now just scrolling through past PAT threads. it's so stressful i really hope i get the interview

since you have prior experience what score do you think someone should aim for to get an interview? like considering this paper's difficulty to previous ones
Reply 9
Were the physics written questions really hard to solve for any of us? I felt like I was way too short for time to even think of them
Original post by ginawi
Were the physics written questions really hard to solve for any of us? I felt like I was way too short for time to even think of them

Agreed 100%
Reply 11
I felt I could have done a bit better but reading these comments I feel like I've got some hope of doing well enough
I’d be careful all of you as you might get reported. These are the rules:

Test-takers should not post test questions or discuss answers. These restrictions will extend to discussions about the content of tests, specific questions or question numbers and provisional test answers. This, however, does not mean all discussion about these tests will be restricted. It's okay to talk about having just sat the test, or whether or not you found it difficult. What is not okay is giving away any information that might cause one student to have an unfair advantage over another with prior knowledge of any questions. For example:

· "I found it hard" and "I found question 2 hard" are fine.

· "I found question 2 about <insert subject> hard", and any discussion of a topic beyond that, are not fine.

These restrictions will be in place from the start of Tuesday 17 October until the end of Tuesday 24 October.

In the interests of yourselves and your fellow students, and in the interest of maintaining the fairness of the test, please avoid discussion as outlined above during this timeframe. Don’t disadvantage yourself! PLEASE NOTE: this rule applies to any form of discussion, including, but not limited to, discussions in forums and PMs (Private Messages).

If you see anyone breaking these rules, please report them by using the report button.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous4728!
I’d be careful all of you as you might get reported. These are the rules:

Test-takers should not post test questions or discuss answers. These restrictions will extend to discussions about the content of tests, specific questions or question numbers and provisional test answers. This, however, does not mean all discussion about these tests will be restricted. It's okay to talk about having just sat the test, or whether or not you found it difficult. What is not okay is giving away any information that might cause one student to have an unfair advantage over another with prior knowledge of any questions. For example:

· "I found it hard" and "I found question 2 hard" are fine.

· "I found question 2 about <insert subject> hard", and any discussion of a topic beyond that, are not fine.

These restrictions will be in place from the start of Tuesday 17 October until the end of Tuesday 24 October.

In the interests of yourselves and your fellow students, and in the interest of maintaining the fairness of the test, please avoid discussion as outlined above during this timeframe. Don’t disadvantage yourself! PLEASE NOTE: this rule applies to any form of discussion, including, but not limited to, discussions in forums and PMs (Private Messages).

If you see anyone breaking these rules, please report them by using the report button.

Thank you for the above!

I've cleaned up now, please do not share any specific details. Hope the test went well for everyone and you have nice relaxing weekends :smile:

EH
loads of people on the 6th form reddit are saying it was the easiest PAT paper in a long time... predicting mid 70s (!!!) interview cut off... surely the interview cut off shouldn't go past 70? :s:
Guys, did you guys get a question booklet and an answer booklet? Who else wrote only in the answer booklet? Some people wrote their answers on the question booklet. I'm very confused now and slightly worried. Can someone please confirm?
Reply 16
Original post by arahman5166
Guys, did you guys get a question booklet and an answer booklet? Who else wrote only in the answer booklet? Some people wrote their answers on the question booklet. I'm very confused now and slightly worried. Can someone please confirm?

At my test centre we got both a question and an answer booklet - I wrote all my answers in the latter. Think I remember reading on the front page that we should put all our working in the answer booklet, but I could be misremembering, and I also think things will be weird now that the test went fully analogue. I'd hope that markers would give credit for anything that's been scanned in - whatever sheet it was on.
Original post by C4Th0
At my test centre we got both a question and an answer booklet - I wrote all my answers in the latter. Think I remember reading on the front page that we should put all our working in the answer booklet, but I could be misremembering, and I also think things will be weird now that the test went fully analogue. I'd hope that markers would give credit for anything that's been scanned in - whatever sheet it was on.

Okay, this makes me feel a lot better. I was very worried before and literally forgot any instructions that was mentioned. Such a bizarre format for the test. Such an awful experience. Hopefully we all do well enough to bag an interview.
Reply 18
Original post by arahman5166
Okay, this makes me feel a lot better. I was very worried before and literally forgot any instructions that was mentioned. Such a bizarre format for the test. Such an awful experience. Hopefully we all do well enough to bag an interview.

I know, right? The format had me wasting so much time flicking between questions on the question paper and pages on the answer booklet 😂😭
Who knows what score of pat I need to get if I want to be shortlisted (I am applying for material science)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending