The Student Room Group

Overwhelmed of what postgraduate study to do

I've finished Health and Social Care undergraduate degree,applied for PGCE secondary social sciences and PGCE FE.I 've only done it because I m hoping to get a job straight after.I love social sciences but Fe gives me a hope to work at University. Ideally would like to be a lecturer at University. I don't know if a PGCE will help ,even as a visitor lecturer. Help need some advice feel so exhausted thinking I ve should applied for Masters but then I m concerned I won't have the security of a job straight after.
Reply 1
You will need a PhD to teach in most universities. PGCE FE is primarily aimed at sixth form or vocational FE colleges. That's not to say that it's not possible without, but it is unlikely - the majority universities want research-qualified teaching staff because they are primarily research institutions.

Quick Reply