The Student Room Group

Study hours

Hello everyone I want to study aeronautical engineering and I also work 9 hours in 24 hours how many hours will be enough to study aeronautical engineering
Hi @Zeyaullhaq!

Do you want to study Bachelors or Master's degree? Cranfield university of Aerospace Engineering postgraduate degree: https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/themes/aerospace/aerospace-engineering.

If you have to work every day for 9 hours, then you can consider studying only part time, because if you have to add classes to your work, it would be overwhelming and you would be stressed, as the classes are usually between 9 and 6 pm.

Thank you for letting us know.

Lucie
PhD Student
Cranfield university
Original post by Zeyaullhaq
Hello everyone I want to study aeronautical engineering and I also work 9 hours in 24 hours how many hours will be enough to study aeronautical engineering

Lectures and self study is expected to be equivalent to a fulltime job. It certainly wouldn't be advisable to work fulltime alongside studying fulltime.
Reply 3
Original post by Cranfield University
Hi @Zeyaullhaq!

Do you want to study Bachelors or Master's degree? Cranfield university of Aerospace Engineering postgraduate degree: https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/themes/aerospace/aerospace-engineering.

If you have to work every day for 9 hours, then you can consider studying only part time, because if you have to add classes to your work, it would be overwhelming and you would be stressed, as the classes are usually between 9 and 6 pm.

Thank you for letting us know.

Lucie
PhD Student
Cranfield university

Hi
Iam student of bachelor degree in aeronautical engineering.
I want to know that how many hours will be enough for aeronautical engineering since I work 9 hours but I can manage the time of work with going to university
Yours sincerely
Original post by Zeyaullhaq

Hi there @Zeyaullhaq 😁, It's great that you are studying such an interesting course but keep in mind that engineering is also very demanding especially for undergraduate students. It's not impossible to work and study at the same time but it is difficult if you are working a full time job. An undergraduate degree requires your attention in and outside of class , even if your academic timetable is not too strenuous with your job , it will be in combination with course work and trying to find the time to study the work you learnt in class.
At DMU we advise students to put in the same amount of hours at home as they do on campus to keep up academically , that would mean if your classes are 15 hours a week , you should be putting in a minimum of 15 hours at home and that is a 30 hour week.

I think for first year you will survive but you will be very tired , over worked and sleep deprived by the end of the year. Have you considered switching to part time studying in the future this maybe a little easier in second year , if you continue to work 9 hour days. Or otherwise switch to part time work, I had a part time job working about 20 hours a week , sometimes I was overwhelmed but I managed to make it through the year.

I hope this helps !
Cece
Energy engineering Student
De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest