The Student Room Group

GCSE’s For Oxford

Hi Im in Sixth Form at the moment, I am doing 5 A Levels and I am predicted to get A*’s and A’s.
HOWEVER, I am dubious that my GCSE grades are not good enough for Oxbridge, Please tell me if you believe that too!

1A*,5A,5B
Original post by evelinner
Hi Im in Sixth Form at the moment, I am doing 5 A Levels and I am predicted to get A*’s and A’s.
HOWEVER, I am dubious that my GCSE grades are not good enough for Oxbridge, Please tell me if you believe that too!
1A*,5A,5B
Which degree? What super curriculars are you doing?

Didn't you get numbers not letters for your grades?
Reply 2
The degree im looking to do is Law, I have loads of super-curricular’s, for instance: Dofe, articles in my local newspaper, set up a charity for locally deprived families, LFA, Seren Network, sports, reading. I recieved letter grades because I am sitting my exams in Wales, thank you for the response!
most of these are extra-curriculars not super-curriculars
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
most of these are extra-curriculars not super-curriculars

im hoping to go down the avenue of human rights law so the article I wrote, LFA, charity and reading all are.
Reply 5
1A*,5A,5B
Oxford look at GCSE performance relative to the rest of the your year group. Say you got all 8s, but everyone else in your year 11 group got all 9s, they wouldn’t consider you. But if you all got all 8s and everyone else got 6s, they’d consider you -albeit your place would still be dependent on a lot of other things.
Reply 6
Original post by Lugg13
1A*,5A,5B
Oxford look at GCSE performance relative to the rest of the your year group. Say you got all 8s, but everyone else in your year 11 group got all 9s, they wouldn’t consider you. But if you all got all 8s and everyone else got 6s, they’d consider you -albeit your place would still be dependent on a lot of other things.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending