The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

A little concerned about LSE

So I haven't received my decision from LSE for BSc Sociology - 2024 entry. I know LSE takes a long time to give their decisions but since other people have received offers for my same course and I am starting to get worried. I've heard that "no news is good news" but LSE has rejected people for Sociology in May previously. Any advice on what to do? I guess I just have to sit tight.
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
😭😭😭 What else can be done but sit tight? Ahhh it's tough waiting... and at the end of it comes a rejection. I know- I've been through it myself lol. However, I hope that you hear good news soon! 🤞 best of luck!! I hope you get an offer
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Coeoe
😭😭😭 What else can be done but sit tight? Ahhh it's tough waiting... and at the end of it comes a rejection. I know- I've been through it myself lol. However, I hope that you hear good news soon! 🤞 best of luck!! I hope you get an offer
thanks!! i just got my offer for LSE!! SO HAPPY WOOO
Reply 3
Original post by trixster06

Omg now way??? CONGRATULATIONS 🎉🎉🎉 letsgoooo
Reply 4
Original post by coeoe
omg now way??? Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉 letsgoooo

thank you!!!!! 🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🥰
Reply 5
thank you!!!!! 🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🥰

Will you be firming LSE?? so happy for youuu
Reply 6
So I haven't received my decision from LSE for BSc Sociology - 2024 entry. I know LSE takes a long time to give their decisions but since other people have received offers for my same course and I am starting to get worried. I've heard that "no news is good news" but LSE has rejected people for Sociology in May previously. Any advice on what to do? I guess I just have to sit tight.

me too, i’m waiting on LSE econ, UCL econ and KCL E&M, they all take notoriously long to reply but it’s torture!
Reply 7
Original post by Coeoe
Will you be firming LSE?? so happy for youuu

yep!!!! definitely my firm choice ❤️😍
so relieved, this has also motivated me to do really well in a levels hehe
Reply 8
Original post by catty6x
me too, i’m waiting on LSE econ, UCL econ and KCL E&M, they all take notoriously long to reply but it’s torture!

ooh good luck, i'm rooting for you!! LSE, UCL and KCL are fantastic schools. honestly the wait is so frustrating. i literally felt so relieved when i finally got that track UCAS email and saw my offer. i hope it all goes well <3
Reply 9
yep!!!! definitely my firm choice ❤️😍
so relieved, this has also motivated me to do really well in a levels hehe

Wooo congratulations!! You can do it!!
Reply 10
Original post by Coeoe
Wooo congratulations!! You can do it!!

thank you!!! <333

omg i got an offer for sociology too!!! Congrats x
Reply 12
Original post by hollymartin0611
omg i got an offer for sociology too!!! Congrats x

yay congratulations!!! this is so exciting!! maybe i'll see you around in lectures or on campus 😍
yay congratulations!!! this is so exciting!! maybe i'll see you around in lectures or on campus 😍

1000% add my snap holly6704 if u wanna chat xx
Reply 14
Hey, I'm still waiting for a decision from LSE for BSc Psychology - 2024 entry. Haven't heard back yet either. Don't worry, I'm sure there's a lot of others waiting for their decisions from LSE too.
Is there anyone who is still waiting to hear back from lse law?
Anyone waiting to hear back from History and Politics or already heard back?

HI! Congratulations!!! Could you guide me a bit about the reference letters and academic statement - any tips that you used?
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
HI! Congratulations!!! Could you guide me a bit about the reference letters and academic statement - any tips that you used?

hey!! thank you! yes ofc! i'm just gonna draw on what i did for my statement. so when it comes to your personal statement, really try to focus on your wider readings and further engagement with your course of interest. talk about any books, articles, courses you've completed. these are known as super-curricular activities. LSE really wants to see your passion and dedication towards the subject you are going to study, so make sure you have done enough super-curricular activities to include in your personal statement. you can also talk about why the subject interests you and what triggered your desire to pursue your chosen subject for further studies. additionally, if you are doing a-levels, you could link your course to another subject you are studying. for example, i linked sociology to macroeconomics when discussing an article i had read, since i also study economics a level. at the end, i briefly talked about some of my extra-curricular activities and work experience by linking it to my subject but don't fixate too much on your extra-curriculars since LSE wants the majority of your statement to be on your academic findings.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Completing-the-UCAS-form/Personal-Statement - have a look at this. LSE gives you an idea of how you can structure your PS and also tells you what you shouldn't do when writing statements!

in terms of references, your school will sort those out. there isn't much you can do. my school had asked me to send a list of any extra-curricular activities i had done. for me, my subject teachers from each a level subject i do and my form tutor wrote a reference. i am not sure if anybody else did but definitely subject teachers and form tutors will write out a reference for you. those will mainly focus on how well you've done in the subjects and it's always positive. if you have any extenuating circumstances you can also let your teachers know about that e.g., if there was a bereavement in your family that may have affected your exams.
(edited 2 weeks ago)
hey, thank you SO MUCH for such a detailed, prompt reply! truly appreciate it!! my programme actually requires an academic statement of purpose rather than a personal statement, since it's for postgraduate. but your response is really helpful nevertheless! thanks! God-willing, might actually make it to LSE and see you someday haha! have a great day ahead!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending