The Student Room Group

Epq for oxford

Will Oxford appreciate it more if I do an EPQ about my chosen subject (science) or if I do something more personal and cultural? I know that the US would rather see depth and Oxford usually more academic progress, but I want to increase my chances of getting in.
Reply 1
Doing your EPQ about your chosen subject is more likely to give you something to talk about in your application since they are focused on subject specific content (for example, there was some wider reading I did based off my EPQ that made up a big chunk of my personal statement that I was asked about in one of my interviews). Their website says 'Candidates are encouraged to draw upon relevant EPQ experience when writing their personal statement.' in the UK qualifications information section (though note they also say it wouldn't be a condition of any offer). I personally also found an EPQ in my chosen subject useful as it gave me a head start in reading academic papers in that subject area, so that kind of reading and research wasn't completely new to me when I started uni and it definitely helped me develop my academic skills much faster.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending