The Student Room Group

1 month into 6th form, considering a level choices for Oxford

i'm a month into lower sixth in wales now and i am taking economics, english lit, french, history + EPQ. my dream uni is oxford for law, and my epq is related with obscenity law so that should be fine.

my school emphasizes dropping an a level in upper sixth because 3 A*s are better than 4 A's, but i've heard that 4 a levels are more desirable for oxford? i'm aiming to complete my EPQ in one year instead of two so that i can focus more on my subjects next year, but it's so emphasized that it has me thinking whether i should.

how much does the level of work increase in y13 compared to y12?
please feel free to tell me your thoughts on my options and everything btw and if i should definitely keep taking 4 for oxford :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by hanstudies
i'm a month into lower sixth in wales now and i am taking economics, english lit, french, history + EPQ. my dream uni is oxford for law, and my epq is related with obscenity law so that should be fine.

my school emphasizes dropping an a level in upper sixth because 3 A*s are better than 4 A's, but i've heard that 4 a levels are more desirable for oxford? i'm aiming to complete my EPQ in one year instead of two so that i can focus more on my subjects next year, but it's so emphasized that it has me thinking whether i should.

how much does the level of work increase in y13 compared to y12?
please feel free to tell me your thoughts on my options and everything btw and if i should definitely keep taking 4 for oxford :smile:

Do 3 plus EPQ. Doing 4 gives you no advantage, and with your EPQ, LNAT prep and other extra curricula's you would be spread too thin.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending