The Student Room Group

GCSE Physics Electromagnetism

Hi,
I have exams really soon, and I'm stressing so much about Paper 2 Physics Higher. Whoever decided to make magnetism even a thing at GCSE needs to be jailed. Immediately.
I've watched so many videos and done so many questions but the whole concept doesn't make any sense to me, and I'm really starting to panic.
Does anyone have any suggestions, or advice?
Reply 1
honestly its a very tricky topic tbh - id made notes on the whole topic off freesciencelessons based off his videos.
if u still dont understand it i think doing lots of past paper questions but then just memorising the mark scheme answers would be the best bet bc its only one topic and then u can js recite the key concepts from memory if you get a question
Reply 2
Original post by srainya
honestly its a very tricky topic tbh - id made notes on the whole topic off freesciencelessons based off his videos.
if u still dont understand it i think doing lots of past paper questions but then just memorising the mark scheme answers would be the best bet bc its only one topic and then u can js recite the key concepts from memory if you get a question

tyy- I think i might just do that, memorising the mark scheme is probably a safe option
Reply 3
Original post by srainya

I agree with you about doing lots of practice questions. Also, once you've marked those questions, you can make flashcards on your incorrect answers, especially if it is a wording error. Also, if there is a process you are stuck on, try and split it up into steps and create an acronym/mnemonic of those steps. That can go on a flashcard (cue card) too. If they don't work for you. Try and make a note of the question you got wrong (e.g. a 6 marker) and then later try and answer it on a blank piece of paper/ whiteboard because the chances are that a question like it (as a 4 or 6 marker) will come up on the paper.
Original post by shiftycatz
Hi,
I have exams really soon, and I'm stressing so much about Paper 2 Physics Higher. Whoever decided to make magnetism even a thing at GCSE needs to be jailed. Immediately.
I've watched so many videos and done so many questions but the whole concept doesn't make any sense to me, and I'm really starting to panic.

maybe use Seneca or revision guides
Original post by shiftycatz
Hi,

look at past paper questions and see what questions come up for electromagnetism

Quick Reply

Latest