The Student Room Group

GCSE mocks, grades preparation

Hi!
I'm a year 10 student and i'm doing my GCSE mocks soon in april, i'm planning to revise loads in the easter holiday and I was wondering if anyone has advice or resources I could use to revise with and boost my grades?
Original post by RubyHorror
Hi!
I'm a year 10 student and i'm doing my GCSE mocks soon in april, i'm planning to revise loads in the easter holiday and I was wondering if anyone has advice or resources I could use to revise with and boost my grades?

heyy!
I'm also in year 10, and have my mocks after Easter (which I havn't started revising for yet... :ashamed2:)
I've literally been procrastinating sm omg, but rn my plan is to re-learn the stuff from yr 9 bc I've forgotten it all, then I'll probs do loads of past questions, then make/do flashcards.
advice: idk can't rlly give any as i'm in the same position as you
useful resources:
seneca, cognito, yt videos, revsion guide (if u have one!!)
physicsandmathstutor, mmerevise, revisionworld (have a range of resources e.g. past papers, questions on specific topics, mmerevise also has worksheets i'm pretty sure, and loads more!)
for maths specifically: mathsgenie, corbettmaths, drfrost (if your school has given you a login), firstclassmaths, any any of the other websites listed above.

but yh, overall ppl have just told me to do loads of past paper question, as their likely to re-use questions just with a different wording or smth. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by infamous.nugget
heyy!
I'm also in year 10, and have my mocks after Easter (which I havn't started revising for yet... :ashamed2:)
I've literally been procrastinating sm omg, but rn my plan is to re-learn the stuff from yr 9 bc I've forgotten it all, then I'll probs do loads of past questions, then make/do flashcards.
advice: idk can't rlly give any as i'm in the same position as you
useful resources:
seneca, cognito, yt videos, revsion guide (if u have one!!)
physicsandmathstutor, mmerevise, revisionworld (have a range of resources e.g. past papers, questions on specific topics, mmerevise also has worksheets i'm pretty sure, and loads more!)
for maths specifically: mathsgenie, corbettmaths, drfrost (if your school has given you a login), firstclassmaths, any any of the other websites listed above.
but yh, overall ppl have just told me to do loads of past paper question, as their likely to re-use questions just with a different wording or smth. :smile:

This is actually really helpful TYSM! But yeah i'm a massive procrastinator aswell so hopefullly i will actually revise:angelblush: But I wish you loads of luck for ur mocks!
Original post by RubyHorror
This is actually really helpful TYSM! But yeah i'm a massive procrastinator aswell so hopefullly i will actually revise:angelblush: But I wish you loads of luck for ur mocks!

good luck to you too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest