The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Uni Course Swap

I’ve been accepted into Bristol for economics on finance which is AAA. I get the offer ABB being from a state school, but now I’m starting to think I should’ve applied to the economics course on its own. Fort that course it’s AAB with my contextual and I’m predicted A*AA. Woudl I be able to swap course when I got there? Thanks
Original post by Stevejobe
I’ve been accepted into Bristol for economics on finance which is AAA. I get the offer ABB being from a state school, but now I’m starting to think I should’ve applied to the economics course on its own. Fort that course it’s AAB with my contextual and I’m predicted A*AA. Woudl I be able to swap course when I got there? Thanks

If you want to swap courses then ask NOW. Don’t accept an offer on the possibility of switching after enrolment.

The sooner you ask about a switch the more likely a university will be able to accommodate you.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Just phone Bristol and ask - this will be quicker than emailing.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
If you want to swap courses then ask NOW. Don’t accept an offer on the possibility of switching after enrolment.
The sooner you ask about a switch the more likely a university will be able to accommodate you.

What is the likelihood they accept?
What is the likelihood they accept?

Only Bristol can answer this.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Only Bristol can answer this.

My worry is this was going to be my insurance choice as it is the lowest grades. But now it’s the uni I want to go to most. I’m wondering if it would be safer to go there then try to change so that I don’t have to go into clearing if I can’t get the grades to go to the uni for that course. Any advice? Thanks
My worry is this was going to be my insurance choice as it is the lowest grades. But now it’s the uni I want to go to most. I’m wondering if it would be safer to go there then try to change so that I don’t have to go into clearing if I can’t get the grades to go to the uni for that course. Any advice? Thanks

Ring Bristol and talk to them on Wednesday when they reopen after Easter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending