The Student Room Group

Contacting UCAS to substitute courses

Does anyone know how i can contact UCAS admissions during this christmas period? I would like to substitute one of my physio Uni options for a different one (From what i’ve read, I can call them to do this within 14days of submitting my application - my last day being the 1st of January). The UCAS telephone is unavailable till the 2nd Jan so I am going to miss this chance - anyone have any advice, is there an email? - someone please help!
Hi, I've moved your thread to the physiotherapy courses forum :smile:

I'm not too sure really, it might be they don't count the period they are not available against your window, it might just be due to unfortunate timing there isn't much to do.

I suspect if their phone lines are closed it will hard to get in touch via email either - I suspect really most of their staff may not be working during this period?

@Admit-One or @PQ may have some idea!
You can substitute on your UCAS application yourself.
Not sure about UCAS’s Xmas availability but it used to be that you could do choice swaps within 14 days on Hub yourself. It was only necessary to ask UCAS if you were trying to swap a choice that had given a decision on your application.

NB. If you are trying to swap course at an existing uni choice then you need to ask the uni themselves. The 14 day restriction isn’t applicable in that scenario.
Original post by Admit-One
Not sure about UCAS’s Xmas availability but it used to be that you could do choice swaps within 14 days on Hub yourself. It was only necessary to ask UCAS if you were trying to swap a choice that had given a decision on your application.

NB. If you are trying to swap course at an existing uni choice then you need to ask the uni themselves. The 14 day restriction isn’t applicable in that scenario.

Thank you for your response.
So if i got rejected from a uni that i really wanted for physio, could i (even after the 14 days) contact them to ask if they would be able to offer me a place on another course such as sport science? - do you think that would be an option?
Original post by student1708123
Thank you for your response.
So if i got rejected from a uni that i really wanted for physio, could i (even after the 14 days) contact them to ask if they would be able to offer me a place on another course such as sport science? - do you think that would be an option?

If you’ve received a rejection it’s entirely up to the uni. Many won’t reconsider you for another course at that point, but there’s nothing to lose by asking.

It’s better to ask before they’ve made a decision if the first course is no longer of interest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending