The Student Room Group

How to get 9 for GSCE GEOGRAPHY

I’m doing gsce geography edexcel and I got a 7 in my mocks, I think my weakness are the 8 markers in all papers and I’m not sure how to improve then and my answers in general. I’m aiming for a 9 for the real gsce. Any advice for a 9 and how to revise for geography?
Reply 1
If you dont already, check out physics and maths tutor, do plenty of their past papers and make sure you fully understand the mark scheme when marking answers. Any qs you dont understand, if its topic info then go check your notes/watch a video. im afraid to say the only way to get good at 8markers is practice. if you want there is a website i think markedbyteachers, that has thousands of example answers/essays so worth checking out for how to structure answers
Original post by HBeetle
If you dont already, check out physics and maths tutor, do plenty of their past papers and make sure you fully understand the mark scheme when marking answers. Any qs you dont understand, if its topic info then go check your notes/watch a video. im afraid to say the only way to get good at 8markers is practice. if you want there is a website i think markedbyteachers, that has thousands of example answers/essays so worth checking out for how to structure answers

Thank youu, I’ll make sure to do that
I'd recommend you write down all you know about a topic down in a big piece of paper. Once that's done, fill in what you did not include. If you're feeling ambitious, you can even add on Case Studies to memorise.

This solidifies the basic knowledge part, where when you think of one topic, your brain internally links it to a few other key words!

I find that this skill is exactly what you need for an 8 marker!

Tip that I always seem to miss: If they give you statistics, reference them!! Those are the easiest marks you can get!

Quick Reply

Latest