The Student Room Group

ACCA university requiremnts

hi, I'm thinking of doing acca/ accounting as a career and I've checked some universities and in their entry requirements it says that a grade A in A level maths is required, I don't do A level maths, I'm taking biology, chemistry, physics and geography in my A levels. But when I've researched it says that there is no A level requirement for acca and that anyone can do it. Are there any universities that don't require A level math??
Reply 1
Lots to unpack here! How much do you know about accounting careers? Are you from the U.K. - I’m hesitant to provide information which may not be reliable for you.
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
Lots to unpack here! How much do you know about accounting careers? Are you from the U.K. - I’m hesitant to provide information which may not be reliable for you.

I know a bit, I've done some research on acca, and I've also asked some of my family members who have done acca and are accountants and also chartered accountants. I'm from Pakistan but i live in Qatar. My aunt is studying in the UK to further her acca studies but she's doing an advanced level. My grandfather is a charted accountant, but it's been many years I'm sure things have changed. My family and I were debating i we could start this after my igs/o levels, but we decided that i would do my A levels first and then decide.
Reply 3
Original post by aira.a
I know a bit, I've done some research on acca, and I've also asked some of my family members who have done acca and are accountants and also chartered accountants. I'm from Pakistan but i live in Qatar. My aunt is studying in the UK to further her acca studies but she's doing an advanced level. My grandfather is a charted accountant, but it's been many years I'm sure things have changed. My family and I were debating i we could start this after my igs/o levels, but we decided that i would do my A levels first and then decide.

Ok - so your options (broadly - there are more) is whether to go straight into ACCA training and exams after a levels or to do a degree whether in accounting or something else.

You don’t need to take a degree but you would need to assess how beneficial a degree would be for your future career by asking people in the counties you may wish to work in and have the right to work in.

Most U.K. universities don’t require maths a level so that shouldn’t be an issue should you wish to study here.
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Ok - so your options (broadly - there are more) is whether to go straight into ACCA training and exams after a levels or to do a degree whether in accounting or something else.

You don’t need to take a degree but you would need to assess how beneficial a degree would be for your future career by asking people in the counties you may wish to work in and have the right to work in.

Most U.K. universities don’t require maths a level so that shouldn’t be an issue should you wish to study here.

okk, thankyouuu
Original post by aira.a
hi, I'm thinking of doing acca/ accounting as a career and I've checked some universities and in their entry requirements it says that a grade A in A level maths is required, I don't do A level maths, I'm taking biology, chemistry, physics and geography in my A levels. But when I've researched it says that there is no A level requirement for acca and that anyone can do it. Are there any universities that don't require A level math??

Hi Aira, to start ACCA you need 2 passes at GCE / VCE A Level (grades A-E) PLUS 3 GCSE / Vocational GCSE / GCE O Level passes (grades 9-4 / A-C) Full list of requirements can be find here (in five separate subjects including Mathematics & English)https://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/qualifications/glance/acca/minimum-entrance.html

Another route can be matriculation to university (any programme route) if you don't have maths in your GCE or GCSE exams, you can start as an FIA student (you need to pass the first 3 exams and you can be transferred to the main ACCA qualification) I hope this information helps and good luck with your studies.
Reply 6
Original post by ACCA Rep
Hi Aira, to start ACCA you need 2 passes at GCE / VCE A Level (grades A-E) PLUS 3 GCSE / Vocational GCSE / GCE O Level passes (grades 9-4 / A-C) Full list of requirements can be find here (in five separate subjects including Mathematics & English)https://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/qualifications/glance/acca/minimum-entrance.html

Another route can be matriculation to university (any programme route) if you don't have maths in your GCE or GCSE exams, you can start as an FIA student (you need to pass the first 3 exams and you can be transferred to the main ACCA qualification) I hope this information helps and good luck with your studies.

So I would need to do the foundation course for acca since I don’t do A level math?
hi @aira.a you don't have to have a maths A level if you have maths at GSCE level as it's 5 separate subjects across the two levels including english and maths. Or as you mentioned, if you don't have the entry requirements above, you can start at our foundation level.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ACCA Rep
hi @aira.a you don't have to have a maths A level if you have maths at GSCE level as it's 5 separate subjects across the two levels including english and maths. Or as you mentioned, if you don't have the entry requirements above, you can start at our foundation level.

okay thankyou!! this has helped a lot
Original post by aira.a

You can join ACCA as an FIA student (foundations on accountancy). You only need your ID for that.

After the first 3 exams, you will have enough knowledge to get transferred to ACCA qualification, which in the end will be equivalent to a Masters in Accounting. It is a professional education that guarantees you a job after completion. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending