The Student Room Group

How to Get A GRADE 9 in GCSE's

Hi to people who are viewing this Question. I'm in Year10 and my mocks are in like 2-3 weeks time. I really want to move up to higher in Year11 to do Math's and Science Higher.
I really want to get a Grade 9 in Subjects.
But I'm not sure HOW?
( Whenever I try to study, I get distracted or lose my focus. I get so annoying )

Can anyone help me Please??
Help would be VERY USEFUL to me.
Thank you.
Reply 1
my advice... (coming from a yr 11 student)
revise gcse stuff NOW. ive literally left everything lassst min and im panicking so do NOT do what im doing, start going over topics now
make use of teachers, whatever u dont get, go to them at dinner/break and keep asking what u dont get, ask them topic qs from past papers or somat. or do past papers and get them to mark it
mocks arent really important, in my opinion, they helped but like, dont stress that much over em. do ur best, revise but dont go all crazy over them, go crazy over ur gcses
when u study and revise go to somewhere quiet, leave ALL gadgets in a different room. after every 20 30 mins read a book, write a story, take a walk around u house, have a snak or somat, idk.
do like 5 questions from each subject a day too, like for eg with maths, do 5 math questions and go over the stuff u dont get.
theres plenty of websites and revision resources on the internet too
good luck yr 10 student, u can do this! :smile:
~ Aj
P.s hope this helps you <3
(edited 11 months ago)
Im in year 12 now and I disagree with the person above however I was always sitting the higher paper so my circumstances are a bit different. Over the summer just go over things but for science its all about recall at GSCE. I can say that as I take sciences at A level and its totally different. For my GSCE's I crammed a powerpoint to learn for each subject. If you aim to learn all of this from the spec over the summer (with what you have done so far) when it comes to your GSCE's you won't have to cram. Just start looking at stuff every day reading your textbook or CGP guide.

I like to read it out loud over and over then cover it and try and remember what it said without looking. If you do this and keep coming back to it you'll eventually remember the content. Simple maths skills too like percentage change/ increase etc will get you some extra marks on science papers. Also with graphs, dont only describe them as positive correlation or negative correlation etc, say they are increasing at an increasing rate or increasing at a decreasing rate for example. This is more specific and shows the examiner you are more confident in your maths skills for science.

Quick Reply

Latest