The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Generally Oxford interviews 80% of applicants, though this statistic is an overall one for all subjects. PPE may interview less people than that (I wouldn't know). Obviously, getting over 90% in as many subjects as possible looks good, not sure how much it would affect your chances at getting an interview though :smile:

For PPE this year they interviewed around 50% of applicants, using the aptitude test mainly to shortlist.
RichE
For PPE this year they interviewed around 50% of applicants, using the aptitude test mainly to shortlist.

:eek:
Reply 22
RichE

How did you find that out and do you know the average mark/percentage at which applicants achieve in order to get shortlisted?
Reply 23
AG27
How did you find that out and do you know the average mark/percentage at which applicants achieve in order to get shortlisted?

No idea about the average mark - but I know that the test was intended to shortlist applicants down to around 3 per place, and there were originally around 6 applicants per place.
Reply 24
RichE
No idea about the average mark - but I know that the test was intended to shortlist applicants down to around 3 per place, and there were originally around 6 applicants per place.

If thats the case, then its quite clear how vital/important the TSA is.
Reply 25
Alexander
It's something like 20% and 10% respectively. So not a huge number at either uni.

For certain Oxford subjects far more people are deselected prior to interview.
Thicky
For certain Oxford subjects far more people are deselected prior to interview.

Medicine at Oxford interview 40% of applicants
I heard that Oxford only interview 40%, but Cambridge interview 95%
Reply 28
I dont know whether this is relevant, but at HMC (Oxford) there are usually approx. 50 applicants for undergraduate law per year and they invited approx. 20 to the interviews (including telephone/international unterviews too) so it seems to be less then 50%.

Latest

Trending

Trending