The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Meh, reading doesn't necessarily mean literature - read what interests you. :yep:

As for me... :eek: I can't imagine my life without books - I'm always reading something. I get bored if I'm not reading.
Reply 21
Tis a great pastime to have (and a cheap one at that)
It's hilarious how this doesn't represent the general student population at all.
Reply 23
purple clouds
simply because most novel/books/literature simply don't interest me... i can analyse them so i'll be fine for my gcse english :biggrin: lol

but, i've never really been interested by books, i'd much rather prefer to spend my time reading about science or medical stuff or stories about medic student experiences LOL

so am i the only one?
or are there others who aren't made for literature material?

Maybe if you read more you could avoid mistakes like the one above.

'Don't let education get in the way of learning.' - Mark Twain

Reading isn't just about getting a good mark in your GCSE English exams it's about broadening your horizons and looking at things from a different angle. It's about learning from others and bettering yourself. I am a maths student and I absolutely love reading books - be it literature, history or contemporary science - it is one of my favourite pastimes and it has taught me so much about life.
I sincerely hope you change your mind and pick up a book :smile:.
Reply 24
All about the science/medical and religion books for me :smile:
I love reading! I love all the different writing styles and turn of phrase and development of character. I mean if you don't like it then fine but I do find it quite hard to get round to sometimes.
elsa_89
Maybe if you read more you could avoid mistakes like the one above.

'Don't let education get in the way of learning.' - Mark Twain

Reading isn't just about getting a good mark in your GCSE English exams it's about broadening your horizons and looking at things from a different angle. It's about learning from others and bettering yourself. I am a maths student and I absolutely love reading books - be it literature, history or contemporary science - it is one of my favourite pastimes and it has taught me so much about life.
I sincerely hope you change your mind and pick up a book :smile:.

yeah but to be honest, i never liked reading or english and i will definately drop english for a-level.
i don't know... reading doesnt do anything for me liek it does with other people.
i don't mind reading about inspirational people or about real things..
i guess i have always been a practical girl and always will be- reading is just not for me - meh :o: oh well

Latest

Trending

Trending