The Student Room Group

Help im in year 13 lol

In years 12 and 13, I have RELIGIOUSLY revised my textbooks and stayed consistent with questions, examiner reports, wider reading and all 3 specifications, etc.

How come I'm in year 13 doing the same - also covering what teachers don't - but scraping As and high Bs? Esp for year 12 content?

I literally cover the spec better than them. I'm giving these A-Levels my ABSOLUTE ALL and I've learnt so much, where am I going wrong?
Original post by Sop 27
In years 12 and 13, I have RELIGIOUSLY revised my textbooks and stayed consistent with questions, examiner reports, wider reading and all 3 specifications, etc.

How come I'm in year 13 doing the same - also covering what teachers don't - but scraping As and high Bs? Esp for year 12 content?

I literally cover the spec better than them. I'm giving these A-Levels my ABSOLUTE ALL and I've learnt so much, where am I going wrong?

Do you memorize concepts or understand them?
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Original post by Sop 27

Understand then memorise.
Original post by Sop 27

Don't know if this would help but this is was how I revised when I did my A levels:

Spec sheets printed

Short targeted notes that addressed each spec points

Read my notes once

Did every single past paper (almost 18 years worth).

Added mark scheme answers to my notes.

Read notes again and re-did all PPQs

Exam technique wise:

If I don't fully understand a question, I'd write everything I know surrounding key words/the question itself. The examiners usually tick the relevant points.

Drew diagrams (sometimes annotated) to explain my answer.

This worked for me and yeah I tried understanding whatever I had to know and tried analogies for things I needed to memorize. Hope this helps!
Reply 4
Original post by Tulipbloom

Don't know if this would help but this is was how I revised when I did my A levels:

Spec sheets printed

Short targeted notes that addressed each spec points

Read my notes once

Did every single past paper (almost 18 years worth).

Added mark scheme answers to my notes.

Read notes again and re-did all PPQs

Exam technique wise:

If I don't fully understand a question, I'd write everything I know surrounding key words/the question itself. The examiners usually tick the relevant points.

Drew diagrams (sometimes annotated) to explain my answer.

This worked for me and yeah I tried understanding whatever I had to know and tried analogies for things I needed to memorize. Hope this helps!

Omg thank you!! Much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest