The Student Room Group
I got one at the end of Year 11 last year. Some schools give out Progress Files instead, which are pretty much the same thing, but in a ringbinder instead of a leather folder. In mine, I had my attendance for Year 11, a personal statement and an action plan, statements from all my teachers (like a mini-report), sheets for exam results and work history and then places for certificates.
wow, i didnt get anything, just my certificates in an envelope
Reply 3
Richy Rich$$
wow, i didnt get anything, just my certificates in an envelope
That weird, when did you leave school?
well i havent, im in Year 13
Reply 5
Richy Rich$$
well i havent, im in Year 13
You've still should of got something, my friend did and she stop on for sixth form.
My school's really crappy. so maybe they just didnt bother
Reply 7
Lana
National Record of Achievement is it still used?
What goes into it?

I have one and took it to uni interviews with me because I'd put down on my UCAS form that I had one - I never took it out of my bag though!

I saw quite a few people wandering around with them when I was at interviews but none of my interviewers asked for it so I've never used mine - I think its one of those things that its handy to have but nothing to worry about if you don't.
I got one when I left secondary school.

I used it in my college interview but that was all. And they only glanced at it for a few seconds.
IMHO it's worth nothing. The teacher comments on you in the file are all based on a set framework,so you're basically gonna have the same kinda thing as a lot of other people (unless you've got loadsa certificates etc!) :rolleyes:
Reply 10
I have one. It kicks ass :biggrin: Its full of all my proudest achievements. Its got lots of sport and dancing certificates in aswell as all my exam certificates :cool: However I have never actually used it. I got 6 straight out uni offers rather than interviews so I honestly dont see when or where I'll need it now :rolleyes:
Reply 11
I never had one :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Lana
National Record of Achievement is it still used?
What goes into it?

NRA of has been phased out since last year and is replaced with Progress File. This alternative record can be commenced as early as year 5.

It is designed to include 14-19 education whilst the previous NRA was really suitable up to 16.

Here is information

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/progressfile
no1 has ever looked at my ROA :eek: i don't suppose they'd want to considering it's generally full of crap :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Iam currently in year 11 and we call it progress file I donot think they are called record of actcivement
Reply 15
I never got anything like that.
Reply 16
My college looked at my at a interview.
Reply 17
I got a NRA, but i think last year was the last, not its the "Progress File"

- I spent about two weeks readying it for my two 6th form interveiws (At another School, cos mine didnt have a 6th form)

- But neather of them looked at it, so i just held it in my lap like a fool!!

Daniel

Latest

Trending

Trending