The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nabzp
Okay, be nice to the mods, only post if uve applied for DENTISTRY @ MANCHESTER.

So has anyone heard anything? I know they have 1000 + applicants this year...blimey!!!

ive applied for medicine at manchester and heard anything as of yet.
nabzp
Okay, be nice to the mods, only post if uve applied for DENTISTRY @ MANCHESTER.

So has anyone heard anything? I know they have 1000 + applicants this year...blimey!!!

Where do you get that figure from? UCAS doesn't release data about univeristy application numbers or subject application numbers until February - and data about subjects at particular universities isn't released until June/July *after* the application cycle finishes (ie in 2005)
Reply 3
Pencil Queen
Where do you get that figure from? UCAS doesn't release data about univeristy application numbers or subject application numbers until February - and data about subjects at particular universities isn't released until June/July *after* the application cycle finishes (ie in 2005)

i admire ur skills of putting people down and making them feel like idiots.
Reply 4
Pencil Queen

The dental dept @ Mchester.
Remember no more applications can be sent after Oct 31st.
ShOcKzZ
i admire ur skills of putting people down and making them feel like idiots.

Thank you - I was actually just curious as to the source of data - it's part of my job to look at changes in application rates etc etc and a verifiable source of data like this would be useful to me.
nabzp
The dental dept @ Mchester.
Remember no more applications can be sent after Oct 31st.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 7
Pencil Queen
Thank you - I was actually just curious as to the source of data - it's part of my job to look at changes in application rates etc etc and a verifiable source of data like this would be useful to me.

Do u work for UCAS or something?!

The reason I know is cos we were worried about the postal strikes, so we rang up the dent. dept @ Mchester.
nabzp
Do u work for UCAS or something?!

The reason I know is cos we were worried about the postal strikes, so we rang up the dent. dept @ Mchester.

I work for a university producing statistics on student numbers and application numbers internally and externally so I'm forever lurking on the UCAS website trying to pester more data out of them for free. :smile:

It was a verbal thing then? (bugger that mean's they're less likely to have published their figures on the web)
Reply 9
Pencil Queen
It was a verbal thing then? (bugger that mean's they're less likely to have published their figures on the web)

Yeah, it was word of mouth, but it was the admissions secretary.
nabzp
Yeah, it was word of mouth, but it was the admissions secretary.

It's very interesting - the applications for dentistry over the whole of the UK are only up 360 on last yr (link)- if Manc are up that much they must have taken much more of the market than last yr.
Reply 11
I was quite surprised by Mchesters comment too.
But they are one of the best for dentistry.
Reply 12
nabzp
I was quite surprised by Mchesters comment too.
But they are one of the best for dentistry.

certainly one of the best,,

btw applied to manch. for dentistry, and got an interview on the 26th,

don't know how to prepare..

any answers for "why dentistry?"
Reply 13
xtra786
certainly one of the best,,

btw applied to manch. for dentistry, and got an interview on the 26th,

don't know how to prepare..

any answers for "why dentistry?"

wen did u get the letter? whats ur ucas no around? i'm trying to figure out how they send out interviews...cos it seems that some unis do first come first serve, whilst others shove u 2 the bottom of the pile if u apply early...bit annoyin really.
Reply 14
i applied there 4 dentistry 2 but i havnt haad anythin but a a letter syain they got my application
Reply 15
nabzp
wen did u get the letter? whats ur ucas no around? i'm trying to figure out how they send out interviews...cos it seems that some unis do first come first serve, whilst others shove u 2 the bottom of the pile if u apply early...bit annoyin really.

i heard they sort interview dates out, depending on an applicant's predicted grades and As grades..

could be wrong.
Reply 16
i didn't think they did, cos there were a variety of grades at the interview i had at bham. so around wat ucas no r u (dont worry im not askin for the precise no.)
Reply 17
nabzp
i didn't think they did, cos there were a variety of grades at the interview i had at bham. so around wat ucas no r u (dont worry im not askin for the precise no.)

04-016407-8 (not too precise is it)

btw, how did bham go?
Reply 18
lol ok.
i got an offer from bham (the grades havent come on on ucas yet tho), was a really nice, easy interview.

see, that's what i dont get - my number is around 300 and so i wudda thought i'd get interviews more or less near the beginning of the process - loadsa ppl who have interviews @ livpool n sheffield have theirs b4 me even tho they applied up to a month later.
Reply 19
nabzp
lol ok.
i got an offer from bham (the grades havent come on on ucas yet tho), was a really nice, easy interview.

see, that's what i dont get - my number is around 300 and so i wudda thought i'd get interviews more or less near the beginning of the process - loadsa ppl who have interviews @ livpool n sheffield have theirs b4 me even tho they applied up to a month later.

congrats,

is it ur first choice?

Latest

Trending

Trending