The Student Room Group

Advice and insight pleease...

Hi,

I'm studying Psychology at the University of Surrey, and having stuck at it for a year have decided that the course itself is not for me.

I love the uni itself though and would like to continue with a new course, but I'm having trouble deciding between Mental Health Nursing and English Literature.

Studying Psychology, I disliked the amount of biology involved in the course and so was hoping I could gain some insight into the amount of biology Mental Health Nursing entails.

Either way, I'd like to end up with a rewarding career, possibly as either an English teacher or mental health nurse.

Any thoughts or insight into either of the two courses would be greatly appreciated :smile:

xoxo
Reply 1
o wow two totally different courses!

You said you dislike the amount of biology in psychology isn't there going to be the same amount if not more in the mental health course :s-smilie:....psychology is very different to english lit why this sudden change? you sure you wanna go into english lit?! ....

In my opinion you have to decide what exactly do you want to be come an english teacher or a mental health nurse....once you decided that then choosing the course will be more easier.

If you decide to take english lit what if you change your mind about being a teacher and in fact you'd prefer to be a nurse?!...your obviously confused on your career path, so therefore i'd advise you to speak tpo your career advisor asap!
Reply 2
Well this is it, I was hoping someone could advise me as to how much biology the mental health nursing course might entail in comparison.
As for English, I loved it at A-Level but chose Psychology over it last year, which I think just comes down to making a wrong decision, which is the main reason I'm reconsidering it again.
But yeh I have a meeting booked with my personal tutor next week to discuss my options, but until then would like to see what anyone else thinks of my situation :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending