The Student Room Group

Tips to get rid of spots overnight?

Scroll to see replies

Does sudocream work for acne scars/spots?
Original post by girlmechanik
try savlon...it kills the bacteria or something...they disapear overnight...no kidding, i use it most nights not to keep spots away x

Doesn't work I tried it last night
My skin is clear but occasionally I get a monster spot. I always use perfume dabbed on with my finger (the alcohol dries it up and it smells nice) or if you want a product, Neutrogena Rapid Clear Treatment is good too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Always always squeeze it! What I tend to do if it hasn't got a head is get a pin (this is gunna sound gross but it works soooo well) and run it in really really hot water if you have the time holing water is best this sterilises the pin and lightly puncher the middle of the spot please be careful while doing so I don't want to be blamed for people with massive scars. Anyway after you have punchered the middle squeeze the outside of the spot till ALL the puss is out and it's good to keep squeezing till quite a bit of blood comes out aswell because the blood will still have puss in it! I've used this soooo many times and because your getting rid of all the bacteria/puss it can't stay it only leaves a small scab as long as your careful and DONT PICK IT! Hope I helped!
Please help, seriously. I've has spots for ages, i squeeze the puss ones, but they wont go, and black head just wont budge. I use freedom, but its not working!
The spots spread really fast every day, savalon kinda works, but not much...
HELP ME!!!!
Reply 65
queen helen mint julep truly works for me :biggrin:
Haha i love the smell of tcp!
Reply 67
Bare minerals blemish remedy £15 heals and prevents future breakouts xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sudo cream or apple cider vinegar applied to the spot/pimple helps to get rid of it super quick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
lol
Reply 70
It definitely speeds it up, i put loads on last night, hoping to clear one on my lip, as were having our photos taken at work Friday for our website! And it didn't get rid of it just turned it into a whitehead :-( hope it clears by tomorrow!!
Original post by Joe Harris
cheese grater and salt

And lemon juice.
Reply 72
E.L.F's Zit Zapper is brilliant - I bought it for $1 from Target in the USA but you can get it online in the UK for a similarly low price. The salicylic acid helps to dry out the spot after a few uses and you can use it on your body as well.

From shops, Superdrug's Tea Tree spot stick is also wonderful for helping spots clear up quickly.
Reply 73
You could put some cream on the spot like savalon or some special spot cream.
Or just keep washing your face every time you go into the bathroom! Do reduce the size you can rub a cold ice cube on it! Every one of these helps because I had 2 spots on my chin that looks really ugly
Hopes it helps 😀
highly reccomed quinoderm!10% type.
sudocream helps
Tea tree oil or Peel off face masks (They won't work overnight as no product will or everyone will get it) but they do work
Reply 77
if your tooth paste has flouride in it this will make it more red and may even cause it to scar, i get theese spots and have worked out how to remove them:
1. remove your makeup from that area with cotton wool and a non-oily makeup remover.
2. splash that area with warm water to allow your pores to open.
3. use a damp cotton wool ball sprinkled with salt to disinfect your spot.
4. put a blob of honey on the spot whilst making a treatment containing a disolved or crushed aspirin more honey salt and germoline or tee tree oil if you want to.
5. wipe the honey off and put on this treatment all over your face if you want to NOT NEAR YOUR EYES leave on for a while then wash off, if it is very sore then wash of straight away.
6. dip a cotton wool ball into just about bearable hot water and hold on the spot it should gradually get comfortable.
7. to reduce redness leave for a while after using the hot water but put some ice wrapped in tissue on it also use anti redness products but put on to your finger instead of using what the antiredness comes with to avoid infection xxx

good luck
Reply 78
Toothpaste works good - but you do get a scab :/ Also I wouldn't leave it on overnight, just for an hour or two. I left it on overnight once after picking at a spot on my forehead. It then got infected and for two weeks I had a MASSIVE rhino horn of a top on my head which was about 2-3cm wide. It then turned into a deep scab that lasted for another week. It was one of the most embarrassing experiences of my life...:colondollar:
On reflection actually, I wouldn't use toothpaste :/
DO NOT USE TOOTHPASTE! I had a massive spot on my face and used toothpaste to try and get rid of it. Yes it did get rid of my spot but all the blood was forced to the top of my skin and somehow made a scab? The scab then fell off and my spot was gone but i had to put up with an ugly scab for 2 days that was really red and VERY noticeable, the spot will disappear by itself TRUST ME! Or if you're impatient like i was use TCP, its an antiseptic that calms the spot, dries it out and will be gone within a day or 2.

Quick Reply

Latest