The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No seeing as it's simply an expression.

But umm. Have you any idea how silly YOU sound?
Reply 21
Jelephant
So if I were to say "It's raining cats and dogs out there" you'd be hacked off because I lied to you? It's just an expression :rolleyes:

I was thinking of a good analogy, and you've provided a better one.
Reply 22
Oh my God. This thread sucks major donkey's balls.
Reply 23
and we should care why?

You Christians can't dictate what we can and cannot say lol
I don't say "Oh my god", I say "Oh my buggering Buddha". The alliteration makes me sound cool.
Nick_000
Oh my God. This thread sucks major donkey's balls.

Do you have any idea how silly you sound?! I bet you don't really believe that a website would take the testicles of a donkey in its mouth, therefore you can't say that!!! :woo:

It's an expression OP. Calm down.
I agree that it would sound MUCH sillier if a deeply religious person cried out 'Oh my God!'

Plus if I'm atheist, why the hell would I care about saying God's name in vain??
Reply 27
gamer91
its not as bad as people who say **** when infact they are not fornicating under command of the king.

Intervention: the origin of the F-word is not a four-letter acronym meaning that or anything similar; that's just an urban myth that is ridiculous... it comes from the same root as Middle-Dutch fokken ("to thrust") for example.

Getting back on-topic, others have already expressed my opinions on this matter.
Well not really because apparently you're not meant to use the Lord's name in vain but we do it because we believe there is no Lord and so there will be no repercussions.
obscurename
I don't say "Oh my god", I say "Oh my buggering Buddha". The alliteration makes me sound cool.

I always have empathy for the poor animal in your sig. I just want to push it along. :frown:
Reply 30
For the love of God
Reply 31
Jesus titty ******* Christ
Reply 32
OH MY SUPER MEGA ZOMBIE DEATH CHRIST IT'S JUST AN EXPRESSION. Although it sounds more stupid when billions of people talk to the sky, crying.
Omg OP, no waaii.

:rolleyes:

:jebus: <-- Look at him go!
Reply 34
My God, I'm a hypocrite :cry:
Reply 35
This reminds me of my brother, who recently decided to use a new acronym in place of "omg" - "omabs". Which stands for, of course, Oh My Agnostic Belief System :P:
Feral Beast
I always have empathy for the poor animal in your sig. I just want to push it along. :frown:

Don't worry, that's his mating ritual. I'd watch out for him...
ellieg33
This reminds me of my brother, who recently decided to use a new acronym in place of "omg" - "omabs". Which stands for, of course, Oh My Agnostic Belief System :P:

Slap him please. :eek:

Everybody knows our god is Lord Dawkins Vader.
Reply 38
jesus christ, why on earth dont you just go to hell, may allah help us all if people like the OP are on this earth, dear god...

i'm atheist by the way
Reply 39
LongLankin
I think the christian who says it sounds sillier.

But that's just me.

Very true. At least when an atheist says it, they don't think they are using a real name in vain.

Whereas I desperately try to avoid saying phrases similar to this, as you wouldn't use a friend's name in the same way, would you?

Latest

Trending

Trending