The Student Room Group

Resources for A-level English Lit OCR?

I'm studying A-level English lit on the OCR board but I'm struggling with finding appropriate resources for the books etc. as I'm not sure what exactly I need to know to inevitably achieve an A. My lessons at college are very broad so I write down everything said but I'm not sure what exactly I need to know for the exams. Any help with this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hayleygeorge15
I'm studying A-level English lit on the OCR board but I'm struggling with finding appropriate resources for the books etc. as I'm not sure what exactly I need to know to inevitably achieve an A. My lessons at college are very broad so I write down everything said but I'm not sure what exactly I need to know for the exams. Any help with this?

Hey. I could help with this. I did OCR english lit in 2022 for A Levels. What are your texts?
Original post by evakesiax
Hey. I could help with this. I did OCR english lit in 2022 for A Levels. What are your texts?

I’m doing Hamlet, Rossetti poetry, A Dolls House, Bloody Chamber, A Wasp Factory, and Streetcar Named Desire as the coursework I think
I’m doing Hamlet, Rossetti poetry, A Dolls House, Bloody Chamber, A Wasp Factory, and Streetcar Named Desire as the coursework I think

So the only one i did out of those was The Bloody Chamber. so PM me for some resources

Hey, I did Hamlet, Bloody Chamber and Streetcar Named Desire as my coursework text so if you need any other resources let me know
hi, yeah that would be really helpful!! what resources did you use?
Original post by iron_felix
Hey, I did Hamlet, Bloody Chamber and Streetcar Named Desire as my coursework text so if you need any other resources let me know
hi, yeah that would be really helpful!! what resources did you use?

yeah sure so I currently have printed copies of my stuff but if you want critical quotes I can scan through and email from my packs my school made for us, if you want to pm me. I've also got for Hamlet Practice section B essay questions I can send over to you if you would like? If you would also like for The Bloody Chamber I can share with you my quizlets I made which I made for key quotes, critical quotes and context if you don't want to go through the critical packs because they're quite dense texts (I have the same for Hamlet if you'd like it also). For A Streetcar Named Desire, most of my extra info came with context I researched about the play, so what type of drama it is, references it makes, the time it was written, social and historical context, but also looking at different performances of the play to see the characterisations of the characters and set. In terms of critical quotes the place to look is probably on Jstor or google scholar for academic writings on the play. This is what I remember from the top of my head and if I remember any more info I'll tell you, but if you want any of the specific resources I've listed just private message me and I'll send you links! I hope this helps!!

If you're doing The Bloody Chamber and The Wasp Factory that means you're doing the gothic unseen right? Are you okay with that or do you need any general help with that also because I have quizlets on Gothic context including a timeline of the different periods of gothic literature and what themes were predominant then and also general gothic critical quotes if you need them
yeah sure so I currently have printed copies of my stuff but if you want critical quotes I can scan through and email from my packs my school made for us, if you want to pm me. I've also got for Hamlet Practice section B essay questions I can send over to you if you would like? If you would also like for The Bloody Chamber I can share with you my quizlets I made which I made for key quotes, critical quotes and context if you don't want to go through the critical packs because they're quite dense texts (I have the same for Hamlet if you'd like it also). For A Streetcar Named Desire, most of my extra info came with context I researched about the play, so what type of drama it is, references it makes, the time it was written, social and historical context, but also looking at different performances of the play to see the characterisations of the characters and set. In terms of critical quotes the place to look is probably on Jstor or google scholar for academic writings on the play. This is what I remember from the top of my head and if I remember any more info I'll tell you, but if you want any of the specific resources I've listed just private message me and I'll send you links! I hope this helps!!

Hi are these Hamlet resources still available I tried to send a PM but it didn't work. I'm really struggling on the part B.
Original post by flowylde
Hi are these Hamlet resources still available I tried to send a PM but it didn't work. I'm really struggling on the part B.

yeah sure!! I have the section B questions that I've scanned which I can send to you and I can share my critical quotes if you'd like- what exactly do you struggle with part B?
yeah sure!! I have the section B questions that I've scanned which I can send to you and I can share my critical quotes if you'd like- what exactly do you struggle with part B?

Thanks so much, I think its just structuring it and remembering all the critics and if they are relevant, so that would be so helpful. I'm also doing the gothic comparative but with Frankenstein and the Bloody chamber so would be great if I could see your quizlet? Whats your user?
Thanks so much, I think its just structuring it and remembering all the critics and if they are relevant, so that would be so helpful. I'm also doing the gothic comparative but with Frankenstein and the Bloody chamber so would be great if I could see your quizlet? Whats your user?

hey, so i'm creating a google drive folder which is going to have all of my resources on it including links to my quizlets, how to structure the essays, exemplar essays (i only have two currently sorry- i'm going to ask my school if i could have access to my school account again to retrieve my other ones, but its comparative with the merchants tale and the duchess of malfi), some good websites to look at, some extra gothic unseens- they're shorter than what you get in the exam but they're nice to use for extra practice. I'm currently putting it all together but then i'll send you it privately- same with anyone else who needs it!!
hey, so i'm creating a google drive folder which is going to have all of my resources on it including links to my quizlets, how to structure the essays, exemplar essays (i only have two currently sorry- i'm going to ask my school if i could have access to my school account again to retrieve my other ones, but its comparative with the merchants tale and the duchess of malfi), some good websites to look at, some extra gothic unseens- they're shorter than what you get in the exam but they're nice to use for extra practice. I'm currently putting it all together but then i'll send you it privately- same with anyone else who needs it!!

Thank you so much your a lifesaver! That will really help. I am doing DOM and Chaucer too so that would be great, only if it's easy for you obviously. Thanks again.
Thank you so much your a lifesaver! That will really help. I am doing DOM and Chaucer too so that would be great, only if it's easy for you obviously. Thanks again.

yeah- it seems like you're doing all the books i did for my exams so i hope this helps you the best it can!!

I've sent you both a private message with the google drive link- I hope this helps you!!
I've sent you both a private message with the google drive link- I hope this helps you!!

Thank you so much. I got your pm too and of course, I will read through the important docs. Thank you for all your help!
yeah- it seems like you're doing all the books i did for my exams so i hope this helps you the best it can!!

Also, no worries if you want to keep some sections of the one drive private, I was just wondering if it's okay to request access to the critics and quizlet folders. I can't access them. If they are locked on purpose no worries at all!
Also, no worries if you want to keep some sections of the one drive private, I was just wondering if it's okay to request access to the critics and quizlet folders. I can't access them. If they are locked on purpose no worries at all!

oh my god i forgot they were on private!! i'll undo them now- just make sure that if you want to edit them you make a copy for yourself!
(Original post by iron_felix)oh my god i forgot they were on private!! i'll undo them now- just make sure that if you want to edit them you make a copy for yourself!

Of course!
(Original post by iron_felix)oh my god i forgot they were on private!! i'll undo them now- just make sure that if you want to edit them you make a copy for yourself!

Of course!

was it all of them on private- im going through them now and it says everyone's able to see them i'm just the only one able to edit them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending