Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    When you guys email Universities, how long on average does it take to get a reply?
    I don't know but I need to e-mail them too. Do you write them properly and formally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    I don't know but I need to e-mail them too. Do you write them properly and formally?
    Nah, it was a fairly casual email just asking a few questions etc. I probs coulda put more effort in but I doubt they'd be too bothered.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nah, it was a fairly casual email just asking a few questions etc. I probs coulda put more effort in but I doubt they'd be too bothered.
    watching family guy?

ReputationRep:
    When you guys email Universities, how long on average does it take to get a reply?
    Edinburgh took 2-3 days and Aberdeen took 1 so it depends really plus since the weekend has just past they will probably have a lot to sort through just now.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it took St Andrews a week to email me back.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Edinburgh took 2-3 days and Aberdeen took 1 so it depends really plus since the weekend has just past they will probably have a lot to sort through just now.
    YAY! Rosie! I went to see The Ugly Truth. It's a bit awkward when there's a middle-aged man at the cinema on his own who chuckles whenever there's a slight sex reference. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh I emailed once, and got a reply on the same day from one officer and another 4 days later from another. Cambridge I emailed a few times, got a reply on the same day twice (and once within a single minute!).

On the other hand, this is during the holidays when people might be on leave.

ReputationRep:
    watching family guy?
    Yeh Chicken fight!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Well, I'll give it until Friday. I'm hoping to have my replys by then so I know what to say at my interview :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeh Chicken fight!
    It scares me. :stupid: :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    It scares me. :stupid: :shifty:
    :eek: You got warnings?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :eek: You got warnings?
    Yeah, Ape's fault. For spamming on the other SQA Discussion thread. :p:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Aww! Lmao, poor you.

ReputationRep:
    YAY! Rosie! I went to see The Ugly Truth. It's a bit awkward when there's a middle-aged man at the cinema on his own who chuckles whenever there's a slight sex reference. :shifty:
    Oh poor guy. When i went to see Marley and Me it seemed like i was the only one laughing at the dog humping scene, I felt imature which somehow made the giggling worse :o:

ReputationRep:
    lol I also wondered what that was for, but 3 warning levels seems a bit extreme :p:

ReputationRep:
    Vitamin D, I found a lot of the Higher Biology and Chemistry courses interlinked. You may want to consider taking them at the same time?
    I was planning to drop History this year for Chemistry once I went back, but it's not possible

ReputationRep:
    Oh poor guy. When i went to see Marley and Me it seemed like i was the only one laughing at the dog humping scene, I felt imature which somehow made the giggling worse :o:
    Aha, I found that so funny!
    And yes, i cried. But I love that film!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    I was planning to drop History this year for Chemistry once I went back, but it's not possible
    Ah well, don't worry too much. It was just something to consider but not too important.

ReputationRep:
    I loved Marley and Me so much!
    Slightly off on a tangent, but...I'M GETTING A DOG
    So excited, as you may be able to tell :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol I also wondered what that was for, but 3 warning levels seems a bit extreme :p:
    That must of been a week ago now so it should go away soon. :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.