Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bex285)
    Do I do it on here?
    I don't in real life but I fear my inner geek may be connected to my inner egomaniac who only surfaces on TSR :p:
    eh, no. That wasn't a personal insult to you by the way (I'm sorry. I just can't use abbreviations.) :facepalm:

I officially give you permission to boast. I just did a couple of posts back; that's my claim to fame. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    :eek: Have you SEEN the DVD?!

If you'd studied Sweet Bird of Youth, you would understand the irony in what you just said. :yep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Have you SEEN the DVD?!

If you'd studied Sweet Bird of Youth, you would understand the irony in what you just said. :yep:
    Stanley and Chance are quite different though.

My whole class rofl'd btw at the scene in the DVD when Stanley and Blanche first met
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Nope ...
    You're missing out. BIG TIME! :drool:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Stanley and Chance are quite different though.

My whole class rofl'd btw at the scene in the DVD when Stanley and Blanche first met
    Why?

But still...castration.... :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    eh, no. That wasn't a personal insult to you by the way (I'm sorry. I just can't use abbreviations.) :facepalm:

I officially give you permission to boast. I just did a couple of posts back; that's my claim to fame. :yep:
    Lol good I was worried there :p:
    I don't know if I'll get any awards this year the exam I did best in wasn't sat in my school :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I REALLY need to go to sleep. Night everyone. :hi: - I know it's meant to be hi but it works for bye too. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY need to go to sleep. Night everyone. :hi: - I know it's meant to be hi but it works for bye too. :p:

Night! :o:

I'm off too guys, just remembered I have French homework due second period :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    Because it was painfully and cringingly obvious Stanley was a beast waiting to pounce :p:

Marlon Brando as Stanley :coma: :coma:

It's weird, usually the 'clever' ones in schools are stereotyped as the geeks and are unpopular but it's the opposite way round in my year
    The most attractive people in my year are the cleverest. So not fair

No way could I have had 25 in the final exam. I was shaking as I opened the paper :afraid: The Close Reading paper was my saving grace, methinks. I had no confidence :sigh:

(Original post by ukdragon37)
    Because it was painfully and cringingly obvious Stanley was a beast waiting to pounce :p:
    How do you get an A in an AH English essay?

ReputationRep:
    Damn it, I've forgotten how to +/-x fractions Tis been a while nao :ninja:

Ugh I'm pathetic lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Damn it, I've forgotten how to +/-x fractions Tis been a while nao :ninja:
    Multiplying: \displaystyle\frac{a}{b}\times\f  rac{c}{d} = \frac{ac}{bd}

Dividing: invert one of the fractions and multiply.

Adding/Subtracting: find common denominator using your favourite method (I usually just multiply the denominators and simplify later rather than trying to find the lowest common multiple) and add/subtract numerators.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    How do you get an A in an AH English essay?
    I never did so can't help you there

General advice would be to know your essay topic inside out and deliver the essay with clear, cogent, concise, well-argued ideas rather than bog it down with airy flowery roundabouts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Multiplying: \displaystyle\frac{a}{b}\times\f  rac{c}{d} = \frac{ac}{bd}

Dividing: invert one of the fractions and multiply.

Adding/Subtracting: find common denominator using your favourite method (I usually just multiply the denominators and simplify later rather than trying to find the lowest common multiple) and add/subtract numerators.
    thanks lol, it slipped my mind. We're doing the radian thing with functions...I always wanted pi to be 3.14, not 180 :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Ello.
    I'm a nice person and nice persons help other persons.
    That is why tonight I am going on a first aid course as I will every teusday night from now on. I will then be volenteering as a first aider as big events such as bonfie night or bigger events such as summer music festivals.
    Told you I was a nice person

ReputationRep:
    The first aiders I know seem to have a pretty good time, not to mention that it's obviously a really useful skill, so good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Ello.
    I'm a nice person and nice persons help other persons.
    That is why tonight I am going on a first aid course as I will every teusday night from now on. I will then be volenteering as a first aider as big events such as bonfie night or bigger events such as summer music festivals.
    Told you I was a nice person
    Eugh, enjoy stitching up some little ned who's ran in front of a firework or something.

Are you applying for nursing this year? My girlfriend is, also...

(Original post by Pedrobear)
    Eugh, enjoy stitching up some little ned who's ran in front of a firework or something.

Are you applying for nursing this year? My girlfriend is, also...
    I would just pour more anti-septic onto them if they started moaning.

"Haw ya wee bam! WHAT YAE DAIN?! I WANT MY MAW!!!!"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.