The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TheUnbeliever
At the European Youth Parliament nationals in Durham, each group (we were split 'vertically', so you'd have a committee of maybe a dozen people, all from different schools) had to produce a 1 or 2 minute presentation representing their country. So, for example, the group that did Germany had each person pretend as if they were some important figure (e.g. Bach) and talked about their contribution to culture, the arts or science.

We had Poland. For lack of any actual cultural knowledge, we stood for 2 minutes with a couple people pretending to do general building work (saw, hammer) whilst everyone else stood around drinking tea. :sadnod:

Aww poor you...made me think though, my cultural knowledge is actually really poor :o: That's why I hate dressing up - I feel like a right dafty plus it's so easy to offend people and then you get the weird looks and embarrassment. I know, I'll go as Scotland :p:
Reply 7281
wewt, 100% for my TA and my reflective essay passed :awesome:
Reply 7282
Ape Gone Insane
Hayley Williams plays Left 4 Dead :lolwut:

Wow, I'm removing Emma Watson from my sig. Time to make room for a better girl.

hai :colone:
TheUnbeliever
We had Poland. For lack of any actual cultural knowledge, we stood for 2 minutes with a couple people pretending to do general building work (saw, hammer) whilst everyone else stood around drinking tea. :sadnod:

No one thought of Chopin? Pope John Paul II? Copernicus? Curie?!

Ape Gone Insane
Hayley Williams plays Left 4 Dead :lolwut:

GRABBIN' PEELZ :awesome:
Reply 7284

:love:
LuhLah

:love:

oooh. Are you a fellow celtic supporter? I was ganged up on last night on TSR by two Liverpool fans. :cool:

:colone:
Luhlah and Kirsten know what team to support. :yep:
Reply 7287
Kirsteneg
oooh. Are you a fellow celtic supporter? I was ganged up on last night on TSR by two Liverpool fans. :cool:

:colone:

Yes :daydreaming:
Football.......

:sigh:

Hockey on the other hand. :awesome: (i'm the captain for the senior team)
Oh god not football talk :sigh:
I can't be bothered with football. :sigh:
xo-Heva
I can't be bothered with football. :sigh:

What shall we talk about then?

Angel delight, do you like it? :p:
Reply 7292
:rofl:

I don't follow football much either. I just think artur boruc is smexy :love:
We can talk about Ape.

Ape Gone Insane
What?

Louis. :frown:
Can anyone recommend online book shops which are relatively cheap other than amazon?
Ape Gone Insane
I recommend...

Amazon!

:awesome:

:sigh:

I expect I'll get the best deals on there but £120ish is still painful to spend :p:
rosie9391
I expect I'll get the best deals on there but £120ish is still painful to spend :p:

What are you buying?

Standard suggestions: Blackwell's, Waterstone's. Blackwell's are probably better for academic books, but I might be wrong.
Ape Gone Insane
Now that guys is what you call a sig.

TheUnbeliever likes this.
Reply 7299

:love::love:

Latest