The Student Room Group
As interesting as this conversation is, I'm going to bed. Bye.

:colone:
ukdragon37
Errr Sainsbury's shut at 10pm? :s-smilie:

No, it didn't. :p:
Kirsteneg
right

Boring...
TheUnbeliever

Did you get your bread then? :biggrin:
TheUnbeliever

Hmm their website is wrong. And I was sure I saw a sign that had the extended opening times on it but it said "this week only"...

Also, that was quick :p:
Kirsteneg
As interesting as this conversation is, I'm going to bed. Bye.

:colone:

Niiiiiiiiight night stinky
If it was last week only, then maybe I was just lucky? I was under the impression that it was permanent, though.

rosie9391
Did you get your bread then? :biggrin:

I did! I only have Nutella to spread it with, but hey. :p: It's that or reheat mince/rice that I've had twice already, or yet more pasta.

ukdragon37
Also, that was quick :p:

I was walking alone, so I'm not hindered by the etiquette of ensuring that partners can stay within a couple feet of myself, and was able to self-checkout without waiting at all.
TheUnbeliever
I did! I only have Nutella to spread it with, but hey. :p: It's that or reheat mince/rice that I've had twice already, or yet more pasta.

Hmmm...chocolate, me wants! :p: Just don't eat the whole loaf at once!

Oh, do you have a fridge in your room?
Oh **** oh **** oh ****...there's a spider in my room :frown:
rosie9391
Hmmm...chocolate, me wants! :p: Just don't eat the whole loaf at once!

<3 Nutella. I have many vices, but it's one of my greatest. :p: As for eating the whole loaf... How hungry do you think I am?!

No fridge in my room, although there is one right next door. People seem to have been good about not nicking stuff so far, although it is slightly absurd that the door is crammed with at least one of each type of milk. :p:
rosie9391
Oh **** oh **** oh ****...there's a spider in my room :frown:

Vacuum cleaner. :yep: I really, really don't do spiders.
TheUnbeliever
<3 Nutella. I have many vices, but it's one of my greatest. :p: As for eating the whole loaf... How hungry do you think I am?!

No fridge in my room, although there is one right next door. People seem to have been good about not nicking stuff so far, although it is slightly absurd that the door is crammed with at least one of each type of milk. :p:

How big are the rooms in Cambridge compared to other universities?
Madjackismad

No idea. Made all the more complicated by the fact that lots of universities will have fairly limited arrangements for halls, with most people living in shared flats of some sort, as opposed to the more-or-less reverse of that here.

EDIT: I suppose I can pace it out :p: It's about 13 ft x 11 ft floor space, with a fair bit of storage not included in that.
Madjackismad

From what I've seen (Glasgow and Imperial College London) Cambridge has very generous room sizes. My room is about three single-bed-lengths long and two single-bed-lengths wide. There's plenty of room to move around in compared to the box you live in some other unis. Of course your mileage may vary depending on luck and your choice of college. You may end up with quite a small room or a huge set (my college mum has basically a whole flat to herself, with living room, bedroom, ensuite and kitchen at about £100/week).

rosie9391

I do :p: But that's only because my college has incredulously crap kitchen facilities. I wouldn't care though because i always eat in hall.
ukdragon37
From what I've seen (Glasgow and Imperial College London) Cambridge has very generous room sizes. My room is about three single-bed-lengths long and two single-bed-lengths wide. There's plenty of room to move around in compared to the box you live in some other unis. Of course your mileage may vary depending on luck and your choice of college. You may end up with quite a small room or a huge set (my college mum has basically a whole flat to herself, with living room, bedroom, ensuite and kitchen at about £100/week).

So you and Unbeliever are not in the same college? Sorry, I know nothing about how Cambridge works etc. :p:
TheUnbeliever

Very, you might not be feeding yourself right at uni :p:

How many people do you share facilites with?
TheUnbeliever
Vacuum cleaner. :yep: I really, really don't do spiders.

Sadly there is no vacuum available since it's locked away down stairs, my mum usually deals with them. Not good :frown:
Madjackismad
So you and Unbeliever are not in the same college? Sorry, I know nothing about how Cambridge works etc. :p:

No, he's at Queens' and I'm at Emmanuel. Best to think of it as houses in a boarding school (in fact lots of people here say the uni is just a big boarding school, or Hogwarts :biggrin: ) but each college is self-suffient in things such as accommodation, libraries and meals etc. Lectures are done in shared university theatres but supervisions (small classes) are done in colleges.

It is also the college that you apply to and decide whether you are admitted or not.
ukdragon37
I do :p: But that's only because my college has incredulously crap kitchen facilities. I wouldn't care though because i always eat in hall.

I do too :p: Yeah mines the same, our kitchen comprises of a wonky table with no chairs, a sink and mini oven! I'm catered though.
rosie9391
Very, you might not be feeding yourself right at uni :p:

Something about that made me read it in the voice of a friend. :p: The tone was just reminiscent of them. I've been eating okay, however - mince and rice, pasta, salad (although I may need to reconsider that, since it cost 80p for the lettuce but £2.60 for the dressing and croutons).

How many people do you share facilites with?

Honest answer is that I don't know. :p: Four or five, I think - but we're very limited, with basically a fridge, 3 hobs and a sink. I'm one of a very few people who are actually feeding themselves, though, so it's no hassle. The others are mainly in there at breakfast time.

Latest