The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Meteorshower
I had an unusual viewpoint, being 6 foot 2 at the end of first year :p:

You were 6 foot 2 at the end of 1st year?!:eek: Were the others like literally half your size?

And what did you teach? (I'm guessing maths or physics:p: )
acas13
Not exactly, you?? I'm thinking prob the handmaids tale and brave new world, but then I read wurthering heights this summer and totally fell in love, but not quit sure what I would do with it!

Not fully decided yet. Possibly Shakespeare or feminist literature. Ooh, The Handmaids Tale looks good. Hey, have you ever heard that you can't do the books/plays for the dissertation that you got taught in Higher?
akj08
Yes it is rather fun:colone: It was amusing to terrify the rebels who liked to sprint ahead by shouting at them with scary prefect authority:p: . Funny how this worked at the start but then they shout abuse you a month later when you politely ask them to get out of the lift:rolleyes:

You have a lift??? :eek:
Oh god, that's 1 am already. Night folks.
xo-Heva
Hate.That.Course.So.Much.

Guess what I'm picking.... :p:
Beanybob
Ooooh,a Common Room!!! We never got one of these at school :frown:

HELLO! :biggrin: We haven't got one either.
namedeprived
Oh god, that's 1 am already. Night folks.

NIGHT! :biggrin:
Reply 887
so about degrees...who feels glad to have left the sqa behind :colone:
Reply 888
acas13
Haha don't remind me, it's my first choice! Although hopefully I will get a BCC offer (if any!) which shouldn't ??? be too hard!

Nah you'll be fine:smile: I've not heard of anyone that's got a glasgow offer above that (or BBC - for 2AH and 1H I think ) for AH, and that's really not hard to achieve provided your work ethic doesn't completely disintegrate.
Reply 889
Omg, I'm so knackered, I couldn't even quote you right Kirsten. I spelt your fricken name wrong because I wouldn't be bothered clicking the quote button, which in theory would have been less work than typing it all out... Sorry :o:
akj08
You were 6 foot 2 at the end of 1st year?!:eek: Were the others like literally half your size?

And what did you teach? (I'm guessing maths or physics:p: )

Nah, you'd be hard pressed to find that many first years under 4 and a half feet :p: I've been measuring them :yep:

I taught only chemistry! I helped with a first year class and a higher class, it was great! First year class was much less grumpy though :yep:
Reply 891
Kirsteneg
Not fully decided yet. Possibly Shakespeare or feminist literature. Ooh, The Handmaids Tale looks good. Hey, have you ever heard that you can't do the books/plays for the dissertation that you got taught in Higher?

Yeah my teacher told me that, although she said it was almost worth the risk because apparently they only find out if your school gets moderated and the chances of that are pretty slim! I was thinking about doing two books by F. Scott Fitzgerald but we did the great gatsby last year, and all of his work is pretty similar so I think I might get bored! Haha the handmaids tale could almost be classed as feminist in a way I guess, what feminist books are you considering? Have you read beloved by tonni morrison, random, but I like it!?
Kirsteneg
Where's Rosie tonight?

:hello:
I've been out for pizza with some friends and a teacher and then went and sat in a pub talking for 4 hours :p:
xo-Heva
Omg, I'm so knackered, I couldn't even quote you right Kirsten. I spelt your fricken name wrong because I wouldn't be bothered clicking the quote button, which in theory would have been less work than typing it all out... Sorry :o:

Knackered, or still drunk? :p:

Is that actually what you wanted to say to me? :biggrin:
Reply 894
akj08
Nah you'll be fine:smile: I've not heard of anyone that's got a glasgow offer above that (or BBC - for 2AH and 1H I think ) for AH, and that's really not hard to achieve provided your work ethic doesn't completely disintegrate.

It's already startin to disintegrate! Although the adv. english course looks really good so far so I will prob work quite hard for that! Can't see myself working for chemistry anytime soon....
rosie9391
:hello:
I've been out for pizza with some friends and a teacher and then went and sat in a pub talking for 4 hours :p:

Fun! Do you have a Wii?? :p:
Reply 896
Kirsteneg
You have a lift??? :eek:

Yeah, three actually:p:
It's because we just got a new school and there were some pupils who needed it, so they had to put them in. Normal pupils are not supposed to use them at all, but most of the teachers do, for no feasible reason that I can see at all:rolleyes: It's quite amusing when a teacher calls one, the door opens and there's some ned standing in it. They have this look of satisfaction which suddenly changed to fear and horror when confronted by the headteacher, or a particularly formidable english teacher:rofl:
Meteorshower
Nah, you'd be hard pressed to find that many first years under 4 and a half feet :p: I've been measuring them :yep:

I taught only chemistry! I helped with a first year class and a higher class, it was great! First year class was much less grumpy though :yep:

Ooh I helped teach a 1st year geography class for the whole off 6th year :biggrin: They were so small and shy to begin with but by the end they fairly came out their box :p:
Kirsteneg
Fun! Do you have a Wii?? :p:

No I don't so I will be the odd one out tomorrow :frown:
Reply 899
arghhh ******* cramppps

Latest