The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ape Gone Insane
Really? Even if the guy only needed an A at Higher or BB at Advanced Higher and Higher..why would the other "2" subjects matter?

Seems I misread "favour" as "prefer" (don't ask!)

Ignore me.
Reply 1401
EmmaDilemma
God I'm beginning to hate 6th year... the senior management team have came down on us like a tonne of bricks and are being so strict with us :|

Anyone else getting kind of bored already on free periods?

Omg same here!
My depute head came into the common room today and told everyone they weren't allowed to play cards and that the "standard of uniform" was "unsatisfactory".
Thing is, hardly anyone's classes have been sorted out yet so we have loads of free periods and no work to do!
He's such a dick :frown:
And yes, it's getting boring already.
Ape Gone Insane
Would universities favour someone who in S6 was doing 2 AH + 2 H or someone who was doing 2 AH + 1 H....?

Depends on the uni. I believe Glasgow don't really take Advanced Highers into account (if you're already got a Higher B in the subject, at least) so to them in essence the difference between these applicants is that one is doing 1 Higher and the other is doing 2. Draw your conclusions.
LuhLah
plug it up!!

:s-smilie: Do you think I could do "How does the novell build up a climax to 'Prom Night'?"

There's quite a lot of symbolism too. Err, blood, the S.t. Christopher Figure casting stones down upon the wicked in her Cupboard thing (that's a refrence to the stones falling on the house & carrie getting revenge on the prom thing) ermm...

Sounds like a perfect question, really suits the book. Wish I'd done something specific like that, instead of just exploring the themes (and I threw in quite a bit of the symbolism too, it's all over the place!)

Good luck!
Ape Gone Insane
Would universities favour someone who in S6 was doing 2 AH + 2 H or someone who was doing 2 AH + 1 H....?

I think it all depends really on the results from 5th year, from experience they prefer you to do well and get the minimum required in each higher rather than advanced.
rosie9391
I think it all depends really on the results from 5th year, from experience they prefer you to do well and get the minimum required in each higher rather than advanced.

This, although they might well prefer taking subjects at AH to resitting ones with poor grades. In practice, I would suggest there's not going to be much between a candidate with 2 AHs + H and 2 AHs + 2H.
First day back today. Our Maths teacher makes up everyone's timetables, so we spent the whole period sitting and chatting while people were getting theirs sorted. Afterwards, he asked if we would come in on results day next year to get our timetables fixed if need be. Erm, yes.
Reply 1407
Vitamin D
First day back today. Our Maths teacher makes up everyone's timetables, so we spent the whole period sitting and chatting while people were getting theirs sorted. Afterwards, he asked if we would come in on results day to get our timetables fixed if need be. Erm, yes.

Results day:confused: wasn't that like two weeks ago:p:
Hello people
That's it! Who repped me last night? SIGN YOUR NAME! You gave me a new gem. :hugs:
akj08
Results day:confused: wasn't that like two weeks ago:p:

Oh, haha. He meant next year. :rolleyes:
Reply 1411
Vitamin D
Oh, haha. He meant next year. :rolleyes:

Ah that makes sense:smile:

So english results tomorrow...the "sleepover" seems like so long ago:p:
akj08
So english results tomorrow

And STEP at midnight. :biggrin:
Reply 1413
TheUnbeliever
And STEP at midnight. :biggrin:

Good Luck with that,and for tomorrow with Cambridge aswell:smile:
akj08
Good Luck with that,and for tomorrow with Cambridge aswell:smile:

Thank you very much :smile:
Ape Gone Insane
I SPENT 45 FOOKING MINUTES scouring the St Andrews Uni website...looking through their prospectus, courses again and again only to find they don't even have a Faculty of Law.

Google -> 'St Andrews' -> First link -> 'Subjects' link -> No law listed there. Granted, I would probably then have a quick Google to check, but how did you manage to pad that out to 45 mins?
Ape Gone Insane
Also, what where the percentage boundaries for Higher Maths?

A, Band 1
A, Band 2
B, Band 3

113, 101, 84 out of 130
He guys :smile:
Ape Gone Insane
I thought it must be a mistake how a university didn't have Law :eek:

I might be wrong on this, but I think they may have had a law department but it buggered off to dundee or something.

I could well be completely wrong though.
Ape Gone Insane
I like those percentages. :biggrin:

Sorry, I thought you could use the practice. :wink:

Latest