The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
ArcadiaHouse
How come you never hear about people sitting 7 Highers and getting No Awards? They all seem to be 7 A geniuses :woo: I'm glad, too ... I'd feel so bad for someone if that happened to them.

Well, I was talking to someone at college who took 6 and failed 4...
bex285
Why this sudden decision? :p:

Oh, and remember to come on this more :yep: :p:

The whole remembering thing didn't work :frown: lol.
Reply 1962
LuhLah
Well, I was talking to someone at college who took 6 and failed 4...

I see you have returned to be a normal free tsr pleb :P
Ecosse_14

Thanks Thomas. :colone:

I'll leave it to everyone else's imagination even though it's pretty obvious. :biggrin:
:biggrin: I decided to leave school and go to college :biggrin:
Because I am unhappy at school and if I regret it later in lfe I can just kick myself hard in the bum :smile:
I'm sooo excited :biggrin:

And LuhLah, no they wouldn't let me - clashes with my HNC timetable :frown:
Kirsteneg
Thanks Thomas. :colone:

I'll leave it to everyone else's imagination even though it's pretty obvious. :biggrin:

& thank you to you too :biggrin:
Reply 1966
xo-Heva
Because I am unhappy at school and if I regret it later in lfe I can just kick myself hard in the bum :smile:

Apparently college is amaing :P So you should enjoy it :smile:
Good luck!
xo-Heva

Awesome!
Hope it's the right decision for you :biggrin: I'm sure it will be!
Reply 1968
xo-Heva

:woo: Another collegiran. When's your induction day? I had mine today, t'was brill :cool:
Reply 1969
Ronar
I see you have returned to be a normal free tsr pleb :P

:shh:
Reply 1970
Even more disappointed, now, that my domain suggestion was ignored :wink:
LuhLah
:woo: Another collegiran. When's your induction day? I had mine today, t'was brill :cool:

Mine was yesterday, which I missed since I didnt have a place at that point :rolleyes: I'm sure I'll catch on though.

Thanks guys :smile:
Dado Prso
someone help me come up with an idea for a project for the science baccalaureate, preferably physics/chemistry/maths related. no biology nonsense. :p:

Ugh, those examples sound dull as dishwater. What kind of scale are we talking, do you know? Like physics project (20%), computing project (40%), English folio (70%). Erm, idea off the top of my head:

The extent to which laws governing fluids (e.g. ideal gas law) can be applied to the movement of people through a school. I'd love to do this (which is why I can think of it!), but you'd need to think of some way of formalizing your method.

Have you got any ideas yourself?
I have a good one.

How effective is cillit bang at cleaning nuclear waste? Consider the scientific and political implications :p:
Reply 1974
Ecosse_14

Damn :p:
There's still time! :yep:
Meteorshower
I have a good one.

How effective is cillit bang at cleaning nuclear waste? Consider the scientific and political implications :p:

You know what, I was seriously considering saying something almost exactly like that, but didn't think I had the style to pull it off humourously. :p:
TheUnbeliever
Ugh, those examples sound dull as dishwater. What kind of scale are we talking, do you know? Like physics project (20%), computing project (40%), English folio (70%). Erm, idea off the top of my head:

The extent to which laws governing fluids (e.g. ideal gas law) can be applied to the movement of people through a school. I'd love to do this (which is why I can think of it!), but you'd need to think of some way of formalizing your method.

Have you got any ideas yourself?

yeah i thought the examples were far too general and boring. The project isn't a % as such, it is graded as an A, B or a C. for the baccalaureate you need to do the project + 2 AHs + 1H (one has to be maths) and for a distinction you need an A in an AH and an A in another component and Bs or above in the rest. for a pass you need Cs or better in all components.

i'm not sure i understand your idea. increasing the temperature in the building and seeing if more people are hitting the walls in the school with greater force? :biggrin:

the only idea i have came up with so far is looking at the various card counting methods in blackjack but i'm seeing if i can do something more interesting. the production and manufacture of alcohol could be good fun if they allow me to do it. :cool:
I'm so jealous.
I'd have loved to do the Scottish Baccalaureate.
But I was one year too soon :frown:
Reply 1978
HAH I know how to do excess calculations. 2/2 in bitesize!!! :daydreaming:

xo-Heva
Mine was yesterday, which I missed since I didnt have a place at that point :rolleyes: I'm sure I'll catch on though.

Thanks guys :smile:

You'll be fine :smile: I take it you start next monday too?
I want to do Higher Italian this year :frown: anyone here doing/done it?

Latest