The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Freeway
could any of u do that samurai su doku in the times?

Yeah my dad did it. He's like an ultimate Su Doku junkie though. :rolleyes:
Reply 21
Ooh was that the huge one with lots of boxes put together? Did it still just go up to 9? :confused:
Reply 22
englishstudent
Yeah my dad did it. He's like an ultimate Su Doku junkie though. :rolleyes:

Same with my brother :rolleyes:
Freeway
could any of u do that samurai su doku in the times?

I had a go at it, but I'd got over half way through and realsied I'd made a mistake...I migth go back and have another go at it though...something like the samurai su doku just cannot be given up on...so I'll copy it out and keep trying till I finish it :biggrin:

How quickly have people completeld them? I know Carol Vorderman has done fiendish ones in 19 minutes...I've neverr times mysle on a feindish one (though I know one of the first ones I did at that leevl took over 4.5 hours. I have done easy ones in about 3 minutes.
Reply 24
Having read this I decided to actually give one of these puzzles a go...the first one I found was the one on the first page of sudoku.com - and I am pleased to say that it took me about 15 mins to finish. I have no idea how "hard" it's supposed to be though (I'm guessing it was an "easy" one though!)

I agree about the annoyance of making mistakes though....almost impossible to backtrack!
Reply 25
I hate mistakes. Especially when you make them right at the beginning, then you carry on blissfully unaware that it's all gone horribly wrong.
Reply 26
My record for a fiendish one is 11 minutes, and I can do most fiendish ones in about 25minutes now. Difficult ones usually take me 7 - 8 minutes and i don't really bother doing any easier ones now because they're over too quickly!!
I can't believe I've started timing myself :redface:
Reply 27
there are daily ones on www.mousebreaker.com if anyone wanted to know
Reply 28
just a tad bit addicted 2...
i do the mini 1 and the proper 1 in the daily mail every day
Reply 29
Ooh ooh I just did 2 difficult ones. Hoo-rah. :biggrin:
Reply 30
Yay! :smile:
I feel like doing one. Maybe.

They even have them in the Evening Standard now, so I can avoid those funny looks people give me when they see me walking home with The Times. =)
Reply 31
mockel
Yay! :smile:
I feel like doing one. Maybe.

They even have them in the Evening Standard now, so I can avoid those funny looks people give me when they see me walking home with The Times. =)

It's all about the books :rolleyes:

I copied down the "most difficult 3x3 puzzle I have ever seen" one. So far I've got 1 number worked out. lol.
Reply 33
Aah I love it. I've got book 2 from the Times, and am steadily working through it. Methinks I'll have to cut down though, or *gasp* give up :frown: su doku is not revision's friend.
Reply 34
i get bored but my mum and brother do it every day!!!
Reply 35
what are they?
i am addicted to that thing !!! sooo fun :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending