Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Can't delete default apps unfortunately, however you can move apps to Sd card with Froyo.
    Alright, I'll try that. This is really quite annoying , it's not hard but I can see why people might think it is.

Edit: I can't seem to do that either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Thats hard.... lol

Pardon ? :confused: What do you mean ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    You could root your phone and move them all over to the SD card, or go into settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications and see which ones are taking the most space and seeing if it's possible to move them to the SD card. A lot of HTC phones have >1GB worth of storage on the actual phone so you can run out of space pretty quickly. The Desire only has 512mb worth of storage.
    What's rooting and how do I do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    What's rooting and how do I do it?
    Gaining superuser privileges on your phone. Read more here if you want http://www.talkandroid.com/7686-what...droid-rooting/

You can download apps from the market but I'd probably recommending heading over to XDA and looking up the related stuff to your phone.

If you do root you can then download Titanium backup to move all user apps onto the SD card and you can back them all up as well, just in case anything happens in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anyone know if it is possible to get an iphone esque multi tasking bar?

ReputationRep:
    seems like wifi really messes up things when it comes to calls and texts, bloody orange.

(Original post by Ducklighter)
    Pardon ? :confused: What do you mean ?
    using swift keyboard lol

ReputationRep:
    using swift keyboard lol
    Ohh. Yawn11 showed me a youtube clip and I understood what he was talking about as I've used that app before.

Ohh. Yawn11 showed me a youtube clip and I understood what he was talking about as I've used that app before.
    lol yh do you find it hard fun or easy ?

ReputationRep:
    lol yh do you find it hard fun or easy ?
    I actually can't remember now. I think I found it confusing because back then I didn't know how to do double letters, but there are quite a few examples on youtube now and stuff, so if I did decide to use it again I think I'd be okay.

But honesty, I'm so used to SwiftKey that if anyone took it away from me I'd cry.

I actually can't remember now. I think I found it confusing because back then I didn't know how to do double letters, but there are quite a few examples on youtube now and stuff, so if I did decide to use it again I think I'd be okay.

But honesty, I'm so used to SwiftKey that if anyone took it away from me I'd cry.
    So i take its easy

ReputationRep:
    So i take its easy
    Just a tad. Tap a letter then tap on the word you need. So so fun and quick.

I beat both my family, and cousins when we were cool over Christmas we had a race and see who can type the quickest. Oh the joys of touch screen phone.

If I remember correctly we had
    - Samsung Toco
    - 3 Ipod touches
    - 3 iPhone 4
    - 1 HTC desire stock HTC keyboard.
    - HTC Hero with SwiftKey
    - Samsung Galaxy S stock keyboard, not swift keyboard thing.
    - HTC Wildfire with HTC Stock keyboard.

Yes, we may of been slightly bored over Christmas.

P.S. My cousins had the 1 of my cousin had iphone, and her boyfriend did. The other cousin and Samsung Galaxy S and my other cousins had 3 ipod touches (three cousins too. lol)

ReputationRep:
    Just a tad. Tap a letter then tap on the word you need. So so fun and quick.

I beat both my family, and cousins when we were cool over Christmas we had a race and see who can type the quickest. Oh the joys of touch screen phone.

If I remember correctly we had
    - Samsung Toco
    - 3 Ipod touches
    - 3 iPhone 4
    - 1 HTC desire stock HTC keyboard.
    - HTC Hero with SwiftKey
    - Samsung Galaxy S stock keyboard, not swift keyboard thing.
    - HTC Wildfire with HTC Stock keyboard.

Yes, we may of been slightly bored over Christmas.

P.S. My cousins had the 1 of my cousin had iphone, and her boyfriend did. The other cousin and Samsung Galaxy S and my other cousins had 3 ipod touches (three cousins too. lol)
    :drool:

Theres no way ur a girl

ReputationRep:

You just had to do a loop on the letter you wanted to do two of.

I did find Swype really easy to use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    :drool:

Theres no way ur a girl
    I ammm. I have boobies and womanly parts.

But secretly deep down I'm a man. I am quite a technological girl you see. I was brought up playing games like Street Fighter 2 on SNES and Mario Kart on N64 and helping my brother building his computer with him whilst I was 11 or 12

(Original post by bigmo7)
    Aye I saw that with a video from the website last night.

ReputationRep:
    I ammm. I have boobies and womanly parts.

But secretly deep down I'm a man. I am quite a technological girl you see. I was brought up playing games like Street Fighter 2 on SNES and Mario Kart on N64 and helping my brother building his computer with him whilst I was 11 or 12

Aye I saw that with a video from the website last night.
    Marry me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Marry me
    Only if we can play SNES all night long?

ReputationRep:
    Only if we can play SNES all night long?
    I'd be up for that if we can be naked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I'd be up for that if we can be naked.
    Deal! *turns up the heating*

ReputationRep:
    Just trying out opera mini. Gotta say overall, the default browser is better.

This feels a tad slower, and the zoom in and out is a lot less smooth.

Probably worst of all it hasn't got flash player

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.