Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by delasandro)
    What's the best apps/widgets or simply tips on saving battery? (Apart from turning WIFI and 3G off?)
    JuiceDefender? Tasker with some clever tasks?

ReputationRep:
    i have samsung galaxy s, and when trying to download apps frm the market...it says 'starting download for hours' and doesnt end up downloading...someone please help me fix this...

thanksss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by you-belong-with-me)
    i have samsung galaxy s, and when trying to download apps frm the market...it says 'starting download for hours' and doesnt end up downloading...someone please help me fix this...

thanksss
    Do you have a data connection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Do you have a data connection?
    yhhh i have data and wifi

ReputationRep:
    What's the best apps/widgets or simply tips on saving battery? (Apart from turning WIFI and 3G off?)
    Keep the display brightness at minimum and the timeout pretty fast.

ReputationRep:
    I am having problems with twitter. Back on my blackberry ubertwitter or even twitter for blackberry worked like a charm. I've tried tweetdeck, twidroyd, and twitter for android but they all seem to work when they feel like it or just plain refuse to refresh or send my tweets. Is it my internet settings thats the problem or are twitter clients for android just not very good?

Edit: Nevermind fixed it. This phones awesome i'm playing pokemon on it :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Ace clock widget

Too much effort

ReputationRep:
    guys, do you have any suggestions for a good alarm app?

i've got a htc desire.

i've tried using the alarm with the desk clock but i keep sleeping through it and the phone is usually right next to me. :/

Hey people any new tech news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Hey people any new tech news?
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Andro...3/V2nSviroHTo/

:-o

Google’s upcoming I/O conference generated quite a bit of commotion earlier this month when all of the tickets offered to the public sold out within 59 minutes

OMG!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Jester)

i've got a htc desire.

i've tried using the alarm with the desk clock but i keep sleeping through it and the phone is usually right next to me. :/
    Try sleep as an droid

ReputationRep:
    Thats amazing. Trying that now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    Thats amazing. Trying that now.
    Early night for you, then?

(Original post by The Jester)

i've got a htc desire.

I use Alarming!

You can set it to ask you a maths question, or give you a puzzle when you try to turn it off or put it in snooze. :yes:

Couple that with a very annoying buzzer, and it's almost totally effective

omdz that sounds amazing!

ReputationRep:
    You can do all of the normal things people do from sheer common sense, but at the end of the day, you're using a phone with a pretty small battery; you can only get so much out of it.

If you can, buy spare batteries from ebay; either that or carry a charger or charging pack.

ReputationRep:
    The Desire is absolutely fantastic.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Full wipe then reflash I'd imagine.
    Someone on the CF thread complained about practically the same thing :laugh:

I applied the fix Feeyo linked, and it saves my settings now, but it still couldn't connect to eduroam

(Original post by wizard710)
    I know Is this your bug? It seemed to forget credentials on 1.6.0 but I'm on 1.7.2 and it forgets them a lot less now but did'n save it at all in Cronos GB
    Well, this is what is happening now, after using the 'fix'

Should I just keep trying to connect? :dontknow:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.