The Student Room Group

Work Experience

Hi,

I'm currently studying ASs with a view to moving onto a veterinary medcine course in 2011.

Work experience wise, I've done some and I have the rest of the solid stuff (lambing, dairy etc) lined up.

My question is : Is there anything really super cool and interesting that I can do on the side for work experience? I was thinking of applying for a travel grant to go somewhere for wildlife stuff.

Any thoughts apprieciated, Stry
Reply 1
There's so many threads like this, please next time post in the main work experience thread.

Well, what exactly have you done? Obviously the best thing to do is aim for Liverpool's 10 week minimum, which should include at least two different vets (SA, LA and equine), lambing, stables, dairy, kennels/cattery etc. Other farms such as pig or poultry farms are also good. Extras you can do include abattoirs (this is really good to do, I've not managed to find one yet :frown:), vet labs, zoos, wildlife hospitals etc. Only do something abroad when you've definitely got the main stuff, plus some extras a bit closer to home. I'm going to Malaysia to work with orangutans in the summer with The Great Orangutan Project, but I think that's all booked up now. I'm only going because I've got most of the other stuff (except zoos, abattoirs and vet labs) but I have booked/am going to book them around the month I'll be away.

Latest

Trending

Trending