The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
I don't know what to do. My accom starts on the 15th but I'm hearing that people are moving in on Saturday...
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
dogdaysareover
Move in on the 15th, there will definitely be someone else moving in. Why are they moving in on the saturday?

Asked on the Lupton Facebook group and 4 out of 5 said the Saturday. I would much prefer to head there on the Wednesday.
Probably depends on where and why etc, but I'm moving in on the 15th- I want to get my bearings in the area whilst sober instead of trying to get home drunk during Freshers :wink:
Reply 4
I'm moving in on the 18th :smile:
Reply 5
I'm moving in on the 15th - a few extra days to get the lay of the land can only be a good thing!
Reply 6
You can't just turn up unannounced, you know; you need to book a slot to move in: go to your accom. contract email and you can now access the ePortal.
For Bod, it was two hour slots from 9am until 5pm from 15th to the 19th.
Got my slot all booked so will certainly be moving in on the 15th :yes:
moi_08
Ive got accomodation in bodington with the lease starting on 15th Sept, but according to the leeds union website, freshers doesnt start until the 18th. Do most people move in as soon as they can, or wait until freshers starts?
I dont want to arrive early and be the only one there, but also dont want to miss out if everyone else is getting there early!

To be fair its already got an atmosphere now and from the 1st its going to start. Freshers has official dates but my estimation of freshers mania starts from 1st Sep until end of October as in the clubbing scene and party mania.

So better to move in as early as possible to suss it all out and get meeting people earlier you get more mates you will get early on, better position you will be in when others arrive and will be able to help people who come last minute thus making another friend :smile:

I do not think you will be dissapointed if you moved in on 15th, it will be absolutely mental trust me on that like nothing ever before, so busy and so social orientated work does not get serious until end of october anyway.
Reply 8
moi_08
Ive got accomodation in bodington with the lease starting on 15th Sept, but according to the leeds union website, freshers doesnt start until the 18th. Do most people move in as soon as they can, or wait until freshers starts?
I dont want to arrive early and be the only one there, but also dont want to miss out if everyone else is getting there early!

I'd rather be early and bored than late and miss out!
My move in is the 18th because i'm catered so i'm getting there for the 18th.
I'd get there on the day there's guarenteed to be people there. You've got nothing to lose!
rezarf
I'd rather be early and bored than late and miss out!
My move in is the 18th because i'm catered so i'm getting there for the 18th.
I'd get there on the day there's guarenteed to be people there. You've got nothing to lose!

Catered Bod! May see you around at some point... well, when I actually find out where I've been allocated anyway :ninja:
I'm moving in at 11:00am on the 15th :smile: I live in the Leeds area anyway so I can just drop my things off as I come and go. Anyone else moving into Clarence Dock on the 15th??
Reply 11
I'm moving into Oxley House on 15th at 13:00-15:00. I'm really looking forward to it.
Reply 12
Think i'm moving into Lupton on the 19th, can't get there any sooner. I was a bit bummed about it, but really, what does it matter? There'll be things on everyday, i'll make up for missing a few later on :smile:
Diachrom
You can't just turn up unannounced, you know; you need to book a slot to move in: go to your accom. contract email and you can now access the ePortal.
For Bod, it was two hour slots from 9am until 5pm from 15th to the 19th.
Got my slot all booked so will certainly be moving in on the 15th :yes:

Where abouts was this on eportal? It's probably right under my nose but I've only just managed to talk my laptop into getting along with the thing..:rolleyes:
Never mind, sorted :wink:

Latest