The Student Room Group

Work Experience

Has anyone gotten into Liverpool without the work experience? Or are they quite adamant about that? 'Cause I'm getting there, slowly, but I'm worried I won't get everything done :frown:
Reply 1
well they interview the top 500-600 scorers on their work experience form. so the issue would be having enough to actually get an interview rather than getting in. once you've got an interview it's pretty much how you do in that, and nothing to do with your work experience after that point.

cover the basics really and you shouldn't have a problem: cattery or kennels...or both, farm work dairy and lambing if possible, definitely at least a week horses, and minimum of 4 weeks total in a vets practice; both large and small.

then try and get some of the extra stuff that will make you stand out if you can get it/have time. a day at an abattoir, some time in a vet lab or a zoo are some good examples.
Reply 2
what do you mean by the top 500-600 scorers?? And the work experience form?
Reply 3
You complete a form which total's up your work exp into weeks, like 12.6 weeks or 45.8 weeks...etc
and then the people who do best (ie, the top 500/600) in this get an interview is what emma is saying :smile:

Someone got an interview this year with like 15 weeks, and that may not even be the lowest, so don't worry just do as much as you can, they count every single day you do, so even if you do a couple of days here and there it adds up!
Reply 4
ah right ok thanks, that makes sense

it's unbelievably competitive, isn't it? :eek:

so even a few days here and there work then...good to know!!! :smile:

thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending