The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN Nursing test day and interview

hi, i have a nursing test day on the 19th march and i was wondering if anyone can help me by explaining what the tests are like and what is good to revise ?
Reply 1
Maths is relatively easy...i passed without a calculator (it broke whilst i was sitting it). .20 qs... conversions like cm to m etc... but its calculator based so that helps i suppose! The literacy is essay based - revise the 6cs and hospital scenarios! Good Luck!! Ive got an interview on 22nd feb xx
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
So the maths questions are just converting ml to ltrs etc and there's no percentages and fractions? Also the essay am I applying 6cs to a hospital scenario?
Original post by tazna
Maths is relatively easy...i passed without a calculator (it broke whilst i was sitting it). .20 qs... conversions like cm to m etc... but its calculator based so that helps i suppose! The literacy is essay based - revise the 6cs and hospital scenarios! Good Luck!! Ive got an interview on 22nd feb xx

Can you let me know how your interview went? & what they asked you plssss
Thank you that's brill
Reply 5
Hi! Ive been to a few college interviews and the maths has always been my weak point unfortunately as I am terrible without a calculator and always have been!! (Anyone who has sat this numeracy test) can you tell me if its worth taking sample papers from other colleges and revising those using a calcualtor? Would it make it a whole lot easier for me to pass this particular one? Thanks!!
i have mine on the 19th of march also!! GOOD LUCK X
Original post by lauren-marie16
hi, i have a nursing test day on the 19th march and i was wondering if anyone can help me by explaining what the tests are like and what is good to revise ?

I also have mine on 19th of march, good luck xx
Original post by Laura.07mc
I also have mine on 19th of march, good luck xx

cool :smile: I'm currently having a serious mental breakdown in college and don't know what to do anymore ans I have an offer so don't know wether to even go to the uclan day.
I have 2 offers already also, man met and Salford. But still going for the experience. Hope you don't get too stressed at college, nearly at uni and plenty stressing will be done then xx
Reply 10
Original post by Eibhilin
Hi! Ive been to a few college interviews and the maths has always been my weak point unfortunately as I am terrible without a calculator and always have been!! (Anyone who has sat this numeracy test) can you tell me if its worth taking sample papers from other colleges and revising those using a calcualtor? Would it make it a whole lot easier for me to pass this particular one? Thanks!!

I think you should be fine with this one 30mins with a calculator. 20 questions. Very similar to other uni tests that I had to do in less time without a calculator. Definetly have a practice though
Are there any percentage to fraction conversions etc in the maths test or is it literally just conversions? Thanks. Do I need to know the 6cs in detail and apply them to a scenario?
Original post by Laura.07mc
I have 2 offers already also, man met and Salford. But still going for the experience. Hope you don't get too stressed at college, nearly at uni and plenty stressing will be done then xx

How was the interview at salford and man met?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending