Joan's Onion Soup. I made this the other week, lasts for like 3 nights!
- 6 onions
- 100g butter
- 2 tsp flour
- 4 tsp beef stock
- 6 cups of hot water (5 or 6, depending)
- 2 tsp sugar
- pepper and Worcester sauce to taste
- Melt butter, add onions and cook until soft, add sugar.
- Continue stirring until lightly browned, add flour.
- Then add water, beef stock, k rest of ingredients (gradually!!).
Good with melted cheese on french bread (I normally live in Canberra where the average temperate in winter is btw -3 and 12 degrees celcius, but unlike the weather report it generally likes to stay subzero in evenings).