The Student Room Group

Israel to 'punish' Turkey

Israel according to sources is considering to arm the PKK, Kurdish Workers Party.

It is also telling the Armenians to annex part of Turkey.

“We'll exact a price from Erdoğan that will prove to him that messing with Israel doesn't pay off. Turkey better treat us with respect and common decency,” Lieberman was quoted as saying.

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-256246-report-israel-may-offer-military-aid-to-pkk-to-punish-turkey.html

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/turkey-fm-condemns-israeli-plan-to-support-pkk-1.383801

http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haber&ArticleID=78723

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4119984,00.html

So let me get this straight, Israel is not only questioning the sovereignty of Turkey but it's also planning to support terrorists which target Turkish civilians?

The hypocrisy is overwhelming on Israel's part...

EDIT: For people who discussed Turkey and US relations. Turkey is an undeclared nuclear state with US nukes.

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Isn't it great that the US supports Israel :smile:

(sarcasm)
a state capable of abusing generosity and stealing land ,depriving significant amounts of souls of safety, happiness peace and a normal way of life , is also more than capable of doing this.. i'm not surprised
Reply 3
"However, sources in the Foreign Ministry who were involved in the discussion told Haaretz that the recommendations made were the opposite of what was published in the media Friday. "There were various ideas," a senior foreign ministry official said, "but the foreign ministry's main recommendation to Lieberman following that discussion was to take steps to prevent a further escalation with Turkey."

Iwould love to hear the twatish ideas that get passed around in the US foreign office, no doubt at some point someone suggested nuking the entire middle east. This is pretty meaningless and by the looks of it Israel is not seriously contemplating it. Merely just one of many ideas passed around the table.
I certainly dont think this is true, and people are usually very harsh on Israel; I never understood why.

The land thing? No borders on earth have stayed the same for the last 200 years so why does everyone hate on them for it?
Reply 5
Well, the world's biggest terrorist group has to maintain its reputation guys. What better way than to supply other terrorist groups??!!
Reply 6
Original post by Aj12
"However, sources in the Foreign Ministry who were involved in the discussion told Haaretz that the recommendations made were the opposite of what was published in the media Friday. "There were various ideas," a senior foreign ministry official said, "but the foreign ministry's main recommendation to Lieberman following that discussion was to take steps to prevent a further escalation with Turkey."

Iwould love to hear the twatish ideas that get passed around in the US foreign office, no doubt at some point someone suggested nuking the entire middle east. This is pretty meaningless and by the looks of it Israel is not seriously contemplating it. Merely just one of many ideas passed around the table.

And you think it's fine that such a vile option is being seriously considered? If this was some Middle Eastern country or Pakistan then the dicks on here would have literally been attracted to the topic like insects to a pile of cow dung and would have been using it to justify bombing and drone attacks and condemning the nations as terrorists. But as it's Israel...
Original post by FaraxZeroIncome
Israel according to sources is considering to arm the PKK, Kurdish Workers Party.

It is also telling the Armenians to annex part of Turkey.

“We'll exact a price from Erdoğan that will prove to him that messing with Israel doesn't pay off. Turkey better treat us with respect and common decency,” Lieberman was quoted as saying.

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-256246-report-israel-may-offer-military-aid-to-pkk-to-punish-turkey.html

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/turkey-fm-condemns-israeli-plan-to-support-pkk-1.383801

http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haber&ArticleID=78723

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4119984,00.html

So let me get this straight, Israel is not only questioning the sovereignty of Turkey but it's also planning to support terrorists which target Turkish civilians?

The hypocrisy is overwhelming on Israel's part...

egypt, turkey and the "arab spring" all working towards pissing of the jewish zionists. Interesting to see how it pans out over the coming months and years.
Reply 8
Original post by Inzamam99
And you think it's fine that such a vile option is being seriously considered? If this was some Middle Eastern country or Pakistan then the dicks on here would have literally been attracted to the topic like insects to a pile of cow dung and would have been using it to justify bombing and drone attacks and condemning the nations as terrorists. But as it's Israel...

lol, you're so unbiased :rolleyes:. Pakistan clearly has military operations and plans drawn up to nuke key areas of India if needs be. It is a standard military practice to discuss all options. Speaking of dicks swarming certain threads, I doubt there is one thread criticising Israel you've managed to keep out of.
Reply 9
Original post by Elipsis
lol, you're so unbiased :rolleyes:. Pakistan clearly has military operations and plans drawn up to nuke key areas of India if needs be. It is a standard military practice to discuss all options. Speaking of dicks swarming certain threads, I doubt there is one thread criticising Israel you've managed to keep out of.

Yeah 'cos criticising Israel is what I do.

I don't need to be told of Pakistan's nuclear protocol by someone who knows **** all about it thanks. I know perfectly well the details of Pakistani military doctrine myself. Such a scenario is reserved for when the Indians have destroyed Pakistani conventional forces, have infiltrated deep inside the country and are unwilling to reach a resolution. Similarly the Indians have a large number of nuclear missiles pointed towards Pakistan. If you wish to be owned in this regard, you merely need to start another thread on it. But I doubt you'd have answers to logic and common sense- after all you've refused to reply to me three times in a row now when the question posed was one which hadn't been discussed up till now. Shall I repeat?

Oh and back to the topic, a MAD scenario reminiscent of the Cold War is a bit different from arming an international terrorist group which carries out brutal attacks on civilians just because a country threatened to uphold international law and sanction those who don't. But don't worry as ever, I didn't expect anything more.
Reply 10
I'm not surprised, since Netanyahu and his cronies are utter scum.
Doesn't the US have missiles based in Turkey, cos if they do, I can't see them wanting to risk losing that privilege...
Well, the world's biggest terrorist group has to maintain its reputation guys. What better way than to supply other terrorist groups??!!

Hey, what the Turks did to the Greeks and Cypriots was disgusting, but world's biggest terrorist group? Nah.
Highly doubt this was seriously considered, it would be unethical and destroy any hope of restoring Israeli-Turkish relations, not a smart move.
Reply 14
Israel disgusts me
Reply 15

Turkey have said that they will be sending naval vessels with the next aid ships. What other options do you think they considered? Would't shock me if sending weapons to Hamas was considered among ah hundred other things. I would't judge countries for looking at all options. It's the one that they pick that matters
Original post by PendulumBoB
Hey, what the Turks did to the Greeks and Cypriots was disgusting, but world's biggest terrorist group? Nah.

The Greek Junta coup's attempt to ‘ethnically cleanse’ Turkish Cypriots from Cyprus was also quite disgusting, but let's not digress.

Original post by MoanyLisa
The arming the PKK bit is actually disgusting.
But, apparently, even the PKK wouldn't accept assistance from Israel.

:rofl:
Original post by PendulumBoB

We're talking about the present unfortunately not the past. Do you still classify the Germans as fascists?
Reply 18
How is this hypocritical? If anyone is being hypocritical it's Turkey. After decades where Israel and Turkey had very close ties, the Islamist government under Erdogan has been trying absolutely any trick in the book to annoy Israel and provoke it. When the UN report came out a few weeks ago that Israel's raid on the Gaza Flotilla was legal, Turkey threw a fit and expelled the Israeli ambassador because it didn't get what it want.

Erdogan's entire policy towards Israel has been confrontational and designed to gain him friends in the Middle East and to separate him from the generals who favour close ties to Israel. So it's not at all surprising when all Erdogan's poking and prodding and confrontational attacks on Israel result in Israel threatening to get it's own back.

It's a shame really, Turkey was a great shining secularist beacon in the Middle East that was doing well for itself and providing a good role model for the other states in the region. Now Erdogan is single handily turning it into an Islamist government and sending it back thirty years.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
I think everyone needs to calm down and stop hating on Israel. Its a great country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending