The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xnatalie01x
Yeah, I'm at the back worse luck. I usually like to sit somewhere in the middle centre to the screen.

Still, I'm so excited I don't really care that much tbh :tongue:

I'm just behind the Premier seats.

For the final one, I HAVE to be in the premier seats. I'm going to need to watch the end of an era in the utmost comfort.
Original post by KingMessi
I think that they should split it when they escape from Godric's Hollow.

I can't imagine what we're going to do after next July....:frown:

oh, dear god, please don't say that. i don't even want to think about it. after the last book i had hope for the last movie, but after the last movie then what? i guess i still have to make it out to the park in orlando, but after that there really is no hope. :cry:

ahhh! i wish i could have gone to the premier in london. in the mean time, i really need to read the book to refresh my memory and compare how faithful they are to it during the film.
Original post by marshyfluff
Bolded the important bit from that.

I don't quite follow - are you disagreeing with me?

If you are, please tell me one more accurate way of surveying general opinion on a film over large population sizes.

It'll be interesting to see how the sequels to Avatar perform without the 3D push behind them.

I agree, I think how the next film does at the box office will be very intriguing.
(edited 13 years ago)
I really love Harry Potter but the latest films have been so different from the books and though I still adore them they have been a bit of a let down!

Of course, I agree the actors can all act great but the directors or whoever, just aren't as good as Chris Columbus (? spelling? :smile: ) and others.
Have tickets for Harry Potter for Wednesday, I don't know why it we have it on in the cinemas a few days before the UK though :s-smilie:

Can't wait though! :woo: :woo: :woo:
Reply 265
Original post by Charlesworth
Have tickets for Harry Potter for Wednesday, I don't know why it we have it on in the cinemas a few days before the UK though :s-smilie:

Can't wait though! :woo: :woo: :woo:

wowwww lucky you =)

I have tickets for Friday (I'm from the UK!!) but we could only get them for 11 at night! That's how popular it is!! Won't get home until like 2.30 in the morning but it'll be worth it =D
I'm just behind the Premier seats.

For the final one, I HAVE to be in the premier seats. I'm going to need to watch the end of an era in the utmost comfort.

You are in my ideal spot :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about the last film though, I'm going to book well in advance.

Going to be gutted when it's all over :frown:
I think that they should split it when they escape from Godric's Hollow.

I can't imagine what we're going to do after next July....:frown:

Hmm yeah but if they split after Malfoy Manor it makes more sense length wise

If you have the Stephen Fry audiobooks it goes

Start-----11 hours in-------14.5 hours in-----End (24 hours)
Start----Godric's Holllow--Malfoy Manor-----"all was well."

So surely they will want to leave a smaller proportion of the book for the second film so they can do an epically long fight scene, plus first bit of book isn't much action so I reckon they will stick to Malfoy Manor so they've got enough action in it.

Mind you, they may just split it at a completely random point with less of a cliff hanger, maybe when Ron destroys the locket (12 hours), or when they escape from Xenophilius Lovegood's house (13 hours)
Reply 268
The split in Deathly Hallows is seen in the trailer. It's when Voldemort gets the elder wand and shoots it in the sky.
Original post by Luceria
The split in Deathly Hallows is seen in the trailer. It's when Voldemort gets the elder wand and shoots it in the sky.

Wow, leaving it 16 hours into the book...risky! How do you know it's the split?
Reply 270
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Wow, leaving it 16 hours into the book...risky! How do you know it's the split?

It's not long after Dobby's death . I've heard it from several sources, and people who saw the film. I'm 99,9 % sure.
(edited 13 years ago)
This time in 3 days i'll be watching it in the cinema! I literally can't stop jumping up and down I'm so excited! In July, knowing there'll be know more Harry Potter....I don't know how i'll carry on! xx
Original post by Luceria
It's not long after Dobby's death . I've heard it from several sources, and people who saw the film. I'm 99,9 % sure.

Yeah, 16 hours in to the audio :smile:

Well I guess it works, I still prefer my ideas for line breaks, I wouldn't say that is as exciting a break, especially as straight afterwards is Harry, Ron, Hermione and Griphook discussing how to break into Gringotts, hardly the most exciting start to second film...
Yeah, 16 hours in to the audio :smile:

Well I guess it works, I still prefer my ideas for line breaks, I wouldn't say that is as exciting a break, especially as straight afterwards is Harry, Ron, Hermione and Griphook discussing how to break into Gringotts, hardly the most exciting start to second film...

I think it's quite exciting, I mean Voldermort has just got a wand that can kill everyone, so your thinking how the hell is harry going to win:eek:, and even if he does know how to get into gringotts that only one horcrux and you still don't know how their doing to able to do it or get the rest, because they've been having a lovely camping trip but have no idea how/where to get the others. I think the whole thing is like a sense of desperation, and you as an audience have no idea how their going to succeed, the bit with elder wand only heightening the power of Voldermort and his unattainable defeat.

But I think it would have been a more obvious cliff hanger if they were trapped at Malfoy Manor and Voldermort had just been called and they have the whole, dum dum de dum dum ( by the way that ment to be the Harry potter theme tune!) Because the used be just like :eek:

Anyway talking of Malfoy Manor, look at this great clip, must warn you serous spoilers!

[Removed]

xxxxxxxx
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Loonylottie
I think it's quite exciting, I mean Voldermort has just got a wand that can kill everyone, so your thinking how the hell is harry going to win:eek:, and even if he does know how to get into gringotts that only one horcrux and you still don't know how their doing to able to do it or get the rest, because they've been having a lovely camping trip but have no idea how/where to get the others. I think the whole thing is like a sense of desperation, and you as an audience have no idea how their going to succeed, the bit with elder wand only heightening the power of Voldermort and his unattainable defeat.

But I think it would have been a more obvious cliff hanger if they were trapped at Malfoy Manor and Voldermort had just been called and they have the whole, dum dum de dum dum ( by the way that ment to be the Harry potter theme tune!) Because the used be just like :eek:

Anyway talking of Malfoy Manor, look at this great clip, must warn you serous spoilers!

[Removed]

xxxxxxxx

The clip has been removed :frown:

Mind you I'm pumped for seeing it on friday =D
The clip has been removed :frown:

Mind you I'm pumped for seeing it on friday =D

Oh :frown: Why's it been removed?
Oh :frown: Why's it been removed?

I would assume the mods didn't like it for some reason...
I would assume the mods didn't like it for some reason...

Do you want me to PM it to you? I can PM it to anyone if they want it......:smile:
Do you want me to PM it to you? I can PM it to anyone if they want it......:smile:

Nah i'll leave it for friday =D
Reply 279
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Part 1: 19 November 2010
Part 2: 15 July 2011

I can't wait, I have my seats booked! :biggrin: I love Harry Potter so much. :love: And Daniel Radcliff! :coma:

Quick Reply

Latest