The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

I saw it Friday night and I'm going again tomorrow afternoon. I loved the film, and I could have easily stayed and watched part 2 straight away. LOVED The Tale of the Three Brothers. I actually managed not to cry much, only really shed a few tears at Hermione disappearing from the photos, Godrics Hollow, Hermione being tortured, and Dobby until I started laughing - I felt really bad because I started crying then everyone started laughing at me so I had a bit of a giggle and then couldn't stop because I knew I should be crying!

Did anyone elses heart break at the part where George is bleeding on the sofa and Fred's going "Georgie are you okay" and stroking his face. It's only going to get worse :frown:

When we all went to see HBP I said "Ron has really nice arms!" and everyone took the piss saying I was going blind and now after this film they're all saying how nice his arms are!
Original post by Hampsey83

Original post by Hampsey83
Same. I'm full on buying it from itunes now haha

What song was it?
guys who is the scary man standing on the train tracks on the trailor?
Reply 683
death eater #6
Reply 684
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
What song was it?

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - O'Children
Reply 685
saw it again today, there were definitely a lot of moments between characters that seemed very scripted and unnatural. in some parts radcliffe's acting was lacking too. voldy's voice annoys me now too, his voice from 4/5 was much better. i liked the way that they didn't over use the potion as in the book, as that wouldn't have worked very well in a movie.

one thing i don't get is why then run before they get captured, why did they not just disapperate?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 686
Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal
But she gets loads of boyfriends! And is generally seen as a bit of a player... at least that's what I got. And a lot of the descriptions of her use the word "fierce" which I like to interpret in the Beyonce kind of way.

This is why I said she was beautiful, but not sexy. She's certainly no femme fatale, but more of a beautiful girl who is still unsure of herself. See, I took "fierce" to mean the not taking **** from people she's close to, but she barely even managed to start speaking to Harry until the third or fourth book, if I remember rightly. She couldn't even look at him before that. This is why movie adaptations never work well, no matter how good they are, we all have different ideas in our heads despite the same words being used, heh.
Also this might be the nerdiest question ever, but did anyone notice that Scrimgeour might have introduced himself as Minister of Magic?

Because it's Minister FOR Magic...

I hate myself a little.
Original post by green chica
harry potter makes references to:

Racism
elitism
corruption in politics/power in the hands of the wrong group
censorship
i'm sure there are more, but i honestly can't think of them right now.

hahahahhaha.
Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal
Also this might be the nerdiest question ever, but did anyone notice that Scrimgeour might have introduced himself as Minister of Magic?

Because it's Minister FOR Magic...

I hate myself a little.

You should love yourself for that, I wish I was that attentive :tongue:
Just a quick question. Did Wormtail die or was he just stunned? I'm sure he said 'ouch' as he fell which he wouldn't do if he was just stunned but I'm not sure if I'm remembering wrong.
Original post by dobbys sock
Just a quick question. Did Wormtail die or was he just stunned? I'm sure he said 'ouch' as he fell which he wouldn't do if he was just stunned but I'm not sure if I'm remembering wrong.

I'm presuming he died? I dont know why they didnt do the whole silver hand strangle thing?
Original post by sandys1000
I'm presuming he died? I dont know why they didnt do the whole silver hand strangle thing?

I heard that they didn't do that because it was a bit gory to have someone kill themselves after being strangled by their own hand. Rubbish. I was really looking forward to having Wormtail have that slight moment of redemption.
Reply 693
Original post by dobbys sock
I heard that they didn't do that because it was a bit gory to have someone kill themselves after being strangled by their own hand. Rubbish. I was really looking forward to having Wormtail have that slight moment of redemption.

He didn't die, which is quite silly. Because he must die. I'm hoping he'll die in part II.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
What song was it?

O'children by Nick Cave
Original post by Luceria
He didn't die, which is quite silly. Because he must die. I'm hoping he'll die in part II.

If he outlives Lupin I will be so, so, so annoyed. He owes Harry a life debt and I really want them to include that. Maybe Voldemort will kill him when he finds out that Wormtail was the one that allowed them to escape the dungeon.
Original post by Luceria

Original post by Luceria

Talking about death, I wish they had the bit where Harry gets told that Scrimgeour was tortured and still refused to give up Harry's whereabouts. Even though they "hated" each other, and he claimed Harry couldn't defeat Voldemort on his own, Scrimgeour still wanted to give him every chance.
Reply 697
Absolutely loved it.
The dancing bit was amazing, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HARRY & HERMIONE.....Ron is bloody useless, he's reads the books since birth and had no idea about the symbol? Harry & Hermione should be getting married while Ron sits on the sofa watching TV and eating noodles.

On another note, http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/24/128746255057334808.jpg
x
Original post by Marsha2112

Original post by Marsha2112
The dancing bit was amazing, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HARRY & HERMIONE.....Ron is bloody useless, he's reads the books since birth and had no idea about the symbol? Harry & Hermione should be getting married while Ron sits on the sofa watching TV and eating noodles.

On another note, http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/24/128746255057334808.jpg
x

The symbol had been drawn in by Dumbledore. It was never in the book originally. And iirc, his mum told him the stories, he never necessarily read them himself.

Quick Reply

Latest