The Student Room Group

The big wikileaks thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
They include reports of Arab states - including the king of Saudi Arabia - urging the US to attack Iran and end its nuclear weapons programme.
Reply 61
Original post by RyanT

:rolleyes:
Original post by RyanT
Diplomats from the highest level have been caught doing this on video.

What the... ? :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by Shadowplay
What the... ? :smile:

I think Bush was collecting hair samples? :biggrin:

Or maybe he had a secret cable about Merkel enjoying massages from a secret lover she was having an affair with and decide to tease her! The possibilities! :biggrin:
Reply 64
Original post by Bunkd
Indeed, but only the average-joe will be outraged by the contents. Don't you think the Iranian or Afghan or even French governments have called Obama derogatory things in their internal documents?
No-one of any importance cares but unfortunately the great unwashed have a far greater voice and reach these days, as evidenced by the garish student protests :yep:

I think things like this are pretty significant though http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/237693
Reply 65
Original post by MoanyLisa
Comments from Guardian Website:

:holmes:
???

I can't find it - are you sure it'd get deleted if posted on this forum? :lolwut:

I thought the only think that got censored on here was the incident involving bubbles.
Der Spiegel's front page tomorrow:

Any Germany speaking TSRians care to translate for us? I can just about get my head around Berlusconi's (wild parties) and Ahmadinejad's (like Hitler), but not others. :holmes:
Won't somebody think of the children :cry2:
:rofl:
I don't think we needed wikileaks for that. :lol:

Ha, very true. What a player :awesome:
Reply 69
Has anyone downloaded that file Wikileaks put up on PirateBay? Apparently if Julian Assange is killed, you'll be able to open up the file. It's all rather intriguing.
On a side note. If rumours are true that Turkey has aided Al Qaida, what should be done with our Nato ally?
And what of the alleged 'corrupt senior politicians'?

good for turkey... they still join the eu (however long that takes).... look at the pakistani and saudi link to al-qaida and similar groups, yet they continue to remain "friends" with america and britain..
Reply 70
Original post by RyanT
I can't find it - are you sure it'd get deleted if posted on this forum? :lolwut:

I thought the only think that got censored on here was the incident involving bubbles.

What's that?
Reply 71
Original post by Organ
They include reports of Arab states - including the king of Saudi Arabia - urging the US to attack Iran and end its nuclear weapons programme.

we love a bit of **** stirring!
Original post by RyanT
I think Bush was collecting hair samples? :biggrin:

Or maybe he had a secret cable about Merkel enjoying massages from a secret lover she was having an affair with and decide to tease her! The possibilities! :biggrin:

This is hilarious :biggrin:

The translations from Der Spiegel (found them online):

Westerwelle: aggressive
Merkel: avoiding risks, seldom creative
Seehofer: unpredictable
Niebel: weird choice
Ahmadinejad: is Hitler
Medvedjev: pale, hesitating
Putin: alpha-male
Karzai: paranoia driven
Al-Gaddafi: voluptuous blonde nurse (???)
Sarkozy:emperor without clothes
Berlusconi: wild parties
Original post by RyanT

There was this thread on Israel that kept getting created and deleted. I can't remember what it was now, was a while ago. People kept starting a new thread on the same topic and they kept deleting it without giving any reasons why. People were pretty pissed off, and it went on for a while.
Reply 74
Original post by RyanT
It's being released in tranches. Something different every day for about a week. :smile:

P.S.

A lot of this is seriously big. Imagine being one of the politicians in the middle east asking the Americans to bomb fellow Muslims in Iran. Doing it is one thing, but having Muslim constituents find out? Jee...

the iranians knew long ago that certain arab leaders were baying for their blood. It's nothing for them.
Original post by Organ
What's that?

Everyone and their mother knows about that..... :teehee:
When's Hollywood releasing the film? :holmes:
Reply 78
This is true.
And I can understand their concern. I think Iran would be more willing to strike another middle eastern country than Israel, the U.S, or a European country.

I wouldn't agree. Israel, america and britain would be more likely to strike middle eastern countries (as we have seen). Iran would attack anyone who intefered with their country.
Reply 79
Original post by Addzter
Yeah, it's a 2GB encrypted file that Wikileaks have released, which will be unlocked by a code that will be revealed if Assange is killed. To be honest, it sounds like a bluff to me (if they've got such Earth-shattering information, surely they'd release it) but if it's legit, it's probably something major.

It's an ingenious ploy, really: like the espionage equivalent of a dead man's switch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending