The Student Room Group

Big 4 or Civil Service Graduate Programme?

Appreciate they’re very different careers, but would one be better than the other for someone who’s not yet sure what they want to do long-term?

Interestingly, Civil Service better paid by quite a lot. On the other hand, Big 4 provides training and an accountancy qualification.

Any thoughts?
Depends what it as at Big 4 whats the offered role for big 4?
Reply 2
Original post by GraftTime
Depends what it as at Big 4 whats the offered role for big 4?

Audit
Reply 3
there have been identical threads in the past - maybe you could find them and contact the people making the decision to see how they feel about it in hindsight.
Original post by tcc200
Audit

Hmm I'd probably go for big 4 , then again corporate is very different to government sector so maybe research that a bit and what you really want to go into
Reply 5
Original post by tcc200

Interestingly, Civil Service better paid by quite a lot.

That is interesting, what's the difference?

Also where in the country are each?
Reply 6
Original post by tcc200
Audit

Audit is dull
Hi everyone, I was accepted into the Big 4 And have posted some videos on YouTube on my tips on how to pass the application process as well as give hints on one of the hardest questions I was asked on all of my applications. The link to my channel is here: https://youtube.com/channel/UCYCgx6cKa0DeOLem2oq8BaQ

Please feel free to comment any questions you have on my videos and I'm more than happy to help as best I can. I'll be posting more videos too on the application processes so please subscribe too! I wish you all the best!
Reply 8
Original post by Nancy Drew
Hi everyone, I was accepted into the Big 4 And have posted some videos on YouTube on my tips on how to pass the application process

Why bother? As per the OP's intel, the civil service pays better.
Hi I have the same problem. What did you go for and how is it?
Reply 10
Original post by alana1234567
Hi I have the same problem. What did you go for and how is it?

Do you have offers from either?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending