The Student Room Group

Who else is glad that england dont get to host the world cup 2018 and 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Next Left
England simply don't deserve to get it as much as other nations in my opinion. There are much more deserving countries. For me I was absolutely shocked Australia didn't get the 2022 spot. They have world class facilities and are a fantastic sporting nation - I think it would be brilliant to host the world cup in Australia. Instead it went to Qatar? They've never even qualified for the World cup, they haven't even got a league for God's Sake!

Why would you want it in Australia? The match times would be terrrible.

Cameron: ...I really believe we are the best place to deliver that. Why? Two reasons. First, I've already cut the university funds, so finances shouldn't be an issue...

--Ah, was just meant to be a bit of harmless humour. Oh well.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Racheya
I'm rather pleased that we're not. We're already hosting the Olympics, I think our money is better spent elsewhere than the World Cup. Yeah it's not really 'our' money but right now I think we've got more important things to worry about >.<

The amount needed to be invested into the World Cup would be minimal; we have the majority of facilities already. The revenue gained would be insane. In conclusion, poor reasoning!
Original post by ipulledhermione
I'm doing it plenty good BY LETTING IT BE KNOWN THAT I AM NOT PART TAKING IN THE DRUNKEN ACT OF HATE AND MERRIMENT. :yep:
no English hatin' going on here. :hand:

Hopefully they all read that :h:

ps. Don't scare me like that. My happiness is dependant on ensuring I'm on the right side of you :innocent: I've heard you are... bad ass.

You are a credit to your country :biggrin:

And I'm nothing of the sort, heard from whom? :colondollar:
I don't really care that much tbh. Though I suppose it would be nice to be around/alive for a world cup in England :moon: but I'm not overly fussed.
There's nothing wrong with being disappointed that England didn't get it. What I find disgusting is when people insult Russia because they did get it.

The English are not arrogant. We have high expectations and we are inevitably disappointed when those expectations are not met. What is wrong with believing that your nation can be great? It doesn't make you arrogant to hope for good things. Yes, some people in England are exceedingly arrogant, but that is no different to anywhere else.

I don't understand certain people on this thread who feel the need to express their own nationalism through hatred of another nation. If anything, you are the arrogant ones believing that not living in England gives you the right to insult people you have never met. If I had been born 50 miles North of where I was born I would be considered Scottish; would I be magically free of arrogance? There are so many positive things about Scotland yet you are choosing to express your nationalism by bringing another nation down. Why not try loving your own nation instead of hating England? /rant
Original post by Celtic_Anthony

Original post by Celtic_Anthony
You are a credit to your country :biggrin:

And I'm nothing of the sort, heard from whom? :colondollar:

Just general TSR gossip machines. Down in the A-Soc they call you Big C, that's just how revered you are.

Though I think I may have started that one :innocent: :rolleyes:
Original post by ipulledhermione
Just general TSR gossip machines. Down in the A-Soc they call you Big C, that's just how revered you are.

Though I think I may have started that one :innocent: :rolleyes:

Everytime I encounter you, you are an absolute rocket :biggrin:
Reply 88
It was only 2018 we were bidding for...just to let you know :wink:
Reply 89
Original post by Emmie3303
There's nothing wrong with being disappointed that England didn't get it. What I find disgusting is when people insult Russia because they did get it.

If you think you've heard some bad things, you haven't heard what some Americans are saying after being beaten to host 2022 by Qatar :K: ha.
Reply 90
I like how the Mail article practically has a section labelled "RUSSIA MAKES CHILDREN CRY"
Original post by pina.Love
I am so glad this country needs to get good players before it ever hosts the world cup...

I know! It's embarrassing be the host country to the world cup with the way England's been playing. I think England should think about reaching the finals of the world cup before hosting it. I thought Spain/Portugal should have won the bid.
I'm borderline glad/uncaring about this result. We're already paying so much for the Olympics, why is a government so hell bent on making cuts so supportive of spending more money on the world cup?

However, I am English and I am not arrogant. So why don't you jog on, yeah? :h:

The English are not arrogant. We have high expectations and we are inevitably disappointed when those expectations are not met. What is wrong with believing that your nation can be great? It doesn't make you arrogant to hope for good things. Yes, some people in England are exceedingly arrogant, but that is no different to anywhere else.

I don't understand certain people on this thread who feel the need to express their own nationalism through hatred of another nation. If anything, you are the arrogant ones believing that not living in England gives you the right to insult people you have never met. If I had been born 50 miles North of where I was born I would be considered Scottish; would I be magically free of arrogance? There are so many positive things about Scotland yet you are choosing to express your nationalism by bringing another nation down. Why not try loving your own nation instead of hating England? /rant

QFT
Im glad because who would we want a World Cup from a corrupt body such a FIFA knowing that the voting is rigged. I know i wouldn't.

FIFA = ****ing International Fraudsters & Assholes
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 95
Why would any British person not want the world cup in the UK, what honest reason do you have other to be 'different' this is no different from the sad mother****ers who were glad England were out of the world cup, if you don't like the sport fair enough just leave it, don't go pissing people off by stirring up stuff with your sad attempts at attention. Sorry for thinking we deserved the World Cup but many mutuals would find more pros to it being in the England rather than Russia.

Anyone saying we should play decent football before we host it, on that logic it may aswell be hosted in Brazil every time.
Reply 96
I can understand why Russia got it. It has a good football team and hasn't hosted the world cup before. However, I don't like, or understand why Qatar got chosen to host a world cup, because it is a tiny country with little football history. Also, the world cup there is going to take place there during 40 degree heat, so a whole lot of money is going to be wasted in order to buy fancy stadiums.

I hate all of the Russia bashing though (I haven't met a Russian that is an asshole yet).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Cll_ws
If you think you've heard some bad things, you haven't heard what some Americans are saying after being beaten to host 2022 by Qatar :K: ha.

I can imagine...:s-smilie:
I bet they're feeling pretty rubbish right now :p:.
Reply 98
I can imagine...:s-smilie:
I bet they're feeling pretty rubbish right now :p:.

Well they have hosted 2 world cups already. :P

I think it would have better if Australia got it though...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 99
Russia team > England team
You know it's true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending