The Student Room Group

Don't you just love to be British?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Acerbic
More to the point, why should we not? I for one love that Britain is multicultural. Why do you view homogeneity as a good thing?

Doesn't work, this whole "we all live together happily" idea of Britain you have going on in your head won't happen due to Religion and the problems it brings to the table.
Reply 121
Even the word British makes you want to vomit, ugh!
Original post by jimcatinnes
Please change the name of this to:
Don't you just love being British?

The current title doesn't read right.

Dont think u can edit titles.
Reply 123
I am not British. Anyway, your heritage is nothing to be proud of tbh. You got to your mum's ovary by chance.
I have no problem if someone admires their ancestors and loves their heritage though, I just don't get the ''proud'' idea....
Reply 124
Original post by ajtiesto
Even the word British makes you want to vomit, ugh!

Why are you even here?

People like you are just low life scum, nothing more than a leech on this country
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 125
Original post by dzeh
Why are you even here?

People like you are just low life scum, nothing more than a leach on this country

It's just land, you idiot. What the **** does British mean exactly? Nothing! People don't even have a clue.

Racist ****!
Reply 126
It's just land, you idiot. What the **** does British mean exactly? Nothing! People don't even have a clue.

Racist ****!

Uh.. what?
Reply 127
Original post by dzeh
Uh.. what?

Yeah you saw! Recognise boi! :rolleyes:
Reply 128
Reply 129

You're quite an emotional little troll arent you? Little probably isnt the best word actually considering the size of your meat head, bro.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 130
Original post by Gap
Doesn't work, this whole "we all live together happily" idea of Britain you have going on in your head won't happen due to Religion and the problems it brings to the table.

Living in the most diverse part of the UK, south London, I can testify that it does work. Forget you blinkered ****ers who don't want bangin curry or hundreds of languages. Neanderthal bigot.
Original post by mathperson
Do you mean just sign over land that people died for in the past? I don't think so.

Anyway, I would just like to say to you that being a fair and open society is what everyone wants, but this does not mean treating the majority like dirt.

I meant metaphorically let go of the Empire. The British Empire still very much informs the idea of a 'British identity' which is detrimental to the inclusion of people not classified as 'white British' into society. We shouldn't keep clinging to something that has ceased to exist and is responsible for the superiority complex some British people seem to have (i.e. OP).

I don't know where you get the idea that the majority in the country are treated like dirt, because as far as I can see, it is still a disadvantage to be born into certain minority ethnic groups in this country. A fair society is one where everyone's needs are catered for, and this isn't happening as long as policy makers are happy to take a colourblind approach to 'race relations'.
Reply 132

Yeah shut up.
Original post by ArtGoblin
I meant metaphorically let go of the Empire. The British Empire still very much informs the idea of a 'British identity' which is detrimental to the inclusion of people not classified as 'white British' into society. We shouldn't keep clinging to something that has ceased to exist and is responsible for the superiority complex some British people seem to have (i.e. OP).

I don't know where you get the idea that the majority in the country are treated like dirt, because as far as I can see, it is still a disadvantage to be born into certain minority ethnic groups in this country. A fair society is one where everyone's needs are catered for, and this isn't happening as long as policy makers are happy to take a colourblind approach to 'race relations'.

So you think that some races should get treated better than others? That is racist by the way and is exactily why I said that the majority get treated like dirt.

Taking a colour-blind approach is what is needed in a fair, non-racist society.
despite being british, im very happy we didnt win the world cup host :biggrin: BLISS
Original post by TheRevolution
According to Wikepedia, "At its height it [the British Empire] was the largest empire in history and, for over a century, was the foremost global power."

It's so great to be a Briton we are so proud.

PS. America sucks http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/icons/icon10.gif

Britain and America are united as one. America shares our language.
Who cares? in 50 years time, India will rule the world. I reckon the UK may not even exist then (Scotland at least could be independent).

As things stand now though, the UK is still one of the major countries in the world in a lot of ways. So is obviously a good thing.
Original post by Aj12
Actuallly very different to the Nazi's.

Anyway the British empire is one of the main reasons the slave trade was ended

No. The Industrial Revolution ended slavery.
Reply 138
There's certainly worse places in the world than Britain. So I suppose I should consider myself fortunate in that regard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending